• Find an incredible deal for Black Friday or Cyber Monday? Share those epic bargains with the community by posting them in this forum thread!

Question GPU Usage Dropping in game, causing low fps, haven't been able to find a fix

Oct 19, 2019
PC Specs: ASUS Prime X470-PRO, Ryzen 2600x, RTX 2070, 16gb 3200 RAM, 500gb HDD (Games), 240gb SSD (OS)

So I have been playing a lot of Destiny 2 recently, and recently the game switched from Battlenet to Steam, with the release of its new DLC. Ever since this move and new DLC, I have noticed significant frame issues in the game that were not present before. I get great frames usually between 120 - 140 when not in a demanding area, with my GPU Usage at 85-99% but then as soon as it enters a more demanding area my GPU usage shoots down to 50-60% and as do my frames. I figured this has something to do with CPU usage but from what I can see there is no bottleneck, and these issues were not present before. Changing graphics settings has almost no effect on this at all either. I have searched high and low for someone with the same issue and I can't find anything nor does anything I do seem to fix it. I have checked my power settings, my temps, and rolled back/installed new drivers for the GPU and nothing seems to work. If anyone has any idea how to help with this it would be greatly appreciated, I just spend a lot of money on this PC and Destiny is one of my favorite games of all time and its incredibly frustrating not being able to play with the performance I should have.

ASK THE COMMUNITY

TRENDING THREADS