Question GPU usage fluctuating causing shuttering/lag spikes in games

ForgottenMythz

Prominent
May 7, 2021
I brought My PC last year on the 1st of January 2020, however, since then I wasn't really able to play games properly on the pc due to exams and other problem recently I have started playing heavy games on my pc and have noticed severe lag (I have posted a video exhibiting the lag) Link:- GPU usage fluctuating. - YouTube

MY PC SPECS ARE:-
CPU - I7 3770S
GPU- RX 580
HDD- 500GB (Games are running from HDD)
SSD- 128GB (OPERATING SYSTEM IS ON SSD)
Mobo- H61 Dual slot
Ram - 8GB (4x2)
Power supply- 500W (sorry Idk the brand)

THINGS I HAVE TRIED
  1. Reinstalling the windows
  2. Updating the drivers ( i deleted them also then reinstalled them)
  3. Watched every video on the internet and trying what they say yet of no use
NOTE:- I have like run gpu benchmarks yet it shows 100% usage in them and it does not fluctuate in them and secondly the frametime also fluctuate when GPU usage spikes

MSI AFTERBURNER RESULTS:
Screenshot_1.png

BOTH SSD AND HDD INFO
-SSD
unknown.png

- HDD INFO
unknown.png

WOULD REALLY APPRECIATE ANY HELP THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR IN ADVANCE FOR TAKING OUT TIME AND READING THIS POST! PEACE

Phaaze88

Titan
Ambassador
I'm pretty sure you're cooking both of your drives - they're going to slow down.

Red temperature bar warning on the HDD.
Even though there's no red bar warning here, I think 51C is also toasty for a SATA SSD...

Last edited:

amirthefalcon

Prominent
Sep 20, 2020
hello ForgottenMythz 👋

I'm a Rx580 user too and experiencing this problem same as you

for now , there is no permanent fix for this issue but you can try this:
every time you boot your pc / launch a game go to radeon software then open the performance tab and after that open tuning section... set the tuning control to automatic then select overclock button and select proceed , ok so now your gpu must be in overclocked mode , wait for 10 seconds and then select default mode to turn off overclocking.
done! now you can enjoy your game without problems(please make sure to do this everytime you restart your computer)
if you couldn't fix your problem feel free to reply to this comment. have a nice day