[SOLVED] Gpu usage low

May 18, 2021
I've recently bought a used pc and its a 1060 3gb ryzen 3 1200 corsair lpx 24gb 2400mhz (8x3) ab350m-gaming 3-cf motherboard and im not sure about the power supply, so far ive played games like rainbow six seige and gta 5 but on both games im getting the same fps on low and ultra about 80-120 fps on low and ultra on rainbow six seige and 70-90 low and ultra story mode and 40-60 low and ultra online on both solo sessions and maxed out so i tried seeing whats the problem and in both of those games my cpu usage is 100% but my gpu usage is down to 30% and all the temps arent going over 55, ive got vsync off latest drivers and everything, ive watched benchmarks on these specs and theyre doing way better then mine but theyre all 1-2 years ago so im guessing its because theyre pretty old compontents? with rainbow i had to cap the fps at 120 because when i played with low settings it kept going down to 40fps, the gpu is overclocked to 150 core clock and 320 memory clock

Solution
i use a hdd and its only 10% activity but i ran gta and antimalware took 27% of my cpu and and something called client servertime runtime process took another 14% of my cpu and the rest of the cpu was on gta the memory is fine also it only takes about 20% and if i were to upgrade my cpu would a ryzen 5 3600 be a good fit for it? im thinking of getting soon
That should be good, though you'll have to update the BIOS to version F40 or later before you can drop one in (see https://www.gigabyte.com/Motherboard/GA-AB350M-Gaming-3-rev-1x/support#support-cpu)

EDIT: Before you update the BIOS, make sure it doesn't drop support for the CPU you currently have.
May 18, 2021
Task Manager can show you RAM usage and SSD activity, but it's more of a concern if the SSD is nearing capacity in terms of usage.

However I don't think changing any of those will matter. If the RAM or SSD was the problem, the CPU wouldn't be at 100%. You need a better CPU.
i use a hdd and its only 10% activity but i ran gta and antimalware took 27% of my cpu and and something called client servertime runtime process took another 14% of my cpu and the rest of the cpu was on gta the memory is fine also it only takes about 20% and if i were to upgrade my cpu would a ryzen 5 3600 be a good fit for it? im thinking of getting soon

That should be good, though you'll have to update the BIOS to version F40 or later before you can drop one in (see https://www.gigabyte.com/Motherboard/GA-AB350M-Gaming-3-rev-1x/support#support-cpu)

EDIT: Before you update the BIOS, make sure it doesn't drop support for the CPU you currently have.

Solution
May 18, 2021
so the fps is to due with the cpu? then why in all these benchmark vids for my specs running fine? is it because it was 1-2 years ago
and do i update the bios right before i install it in or could i do it now

so the fps is to due with the cpu? then why in all these benchmark vids for my specs running fine? is it because it was 1-2 years ago
and do i update the bios right before i install it in or could i do it now
Yes, this is the only time where the term "bottleneck" is actually appropriate. The CPU you have couldn't outperform the Kaby Lake Core i3 of the time and that was already considered the lower end of the spectrum.

And you have to update BIOS before you install a new CPU. Also I had a look at the release notes for the F40 version (start with that first), the warning about dropping processor support doesn't include yours so you should be okay.