GPU uses ony 60% power consumtion at full load - LOW FPS

martin4oto6

Reputable
Feb 9, 2016
I have GTX 960 Asus oc turbo 2GB .WHen i play gta v i have not much fps and if i check msi after burner it says that it uses only 60% power consumption at FULL LOAD (100% usage).
Before it was okay,but i dont know what happend.
HELP!! :D

EDIT:If i use Furmark then it uses 100% power and 100% usage and in League of Legends is ok (it uses around 70% power) but in gta v or beam ng it uses only 30-50% power usage and 100% load (i dont have a cpu bottleneck)

Solution
Power consumption is not indicative of anything useful. Some games will actually cause my GPU to power throttle at stock clocks and under normal temps (witcher 3) while others don't use as much power even at full bore and overclocked (tomb raider) What is the clock speed at load? Are you running in borderless window? What settings are you using on GTA IV. I have a 970m which is pretty much a mobile equivalent to a 960 and with everything but advanced settings turned up and only FXAA on I get between ~50-60fps on GTA V at 1080p.

yepimonfire

Reputable
Nov 20, 2015
Power consumption is not indicative of anything useful. Some games will actually cause my GPU to power throttle at stock clocks and under normal temps (witcher 3) while others don't use as much power even at full bore and overclocked (tomb raider) What is the clock speed at load? Are you running in borderless window? What settings are you using on GTA IV. I have a 970m which is pretty much a mobile equivalent to a 960 and with everything but advanced settings turned up and only FXAA on I get between ~50-60fps on GTA V at 1080p.

Solution