Question GPU utilization drops to 0 and leads to massive in-game freezes

cthleung

Honorable
Apr 8, 2013
Hi, this question is regarding a problem that only started happening recently on my four year old rig. I've looked up many, many threads relating to this issue, but I haven't been able to find a solution that fixes it for me.
My specs are:
i7 4790K
Kingston HyperX 4 x 4 1600 MHz RAM
Samsung 850 EVO 1TB
WD Blue 1TB HDD x 2
MSI GTX 1080
Cooler Master Gold 650W PSU (don't remember the exact model)

All components in my PC are running at stock frequencies.

The problem is with my GPU utilization dropping in-game to 0% (seen through task manager) and causes massive freezes in game. I'm talking about several 2-5 second freezes in quick that lasts for roughly 5-10 seconds, which renders gameplay absolutely unplayable. This freezing problem ONLY occurs in PUBG Mobile which I play using an Android emulator called LDPlayer; I've been using this emulator for about 1.5 years, and have never seen this issue before. I'm able to play other demanding games just fine.

My CPU temps max out at 50C on the emulator and around 55C on other demanding games like Wolfenstein: Youngblood and Metro: Exodus, while my GPU temps hover around 37C on the emulator. So I seriously doubt that it's because of my temps. Just dusted my computer and airflow is fine.

I've also tried running the Windows memory diagnostic tool, no problems there.

Seriously, what could be the issue here? CPU bottleneck maybe? I'm getting fed up with that fact that PC PUBG is running way better than PUBG Mobile! Could it be a server-side issue and not with my hardware? Internet lag perhaps? I'm guessing that maybe the GPU utlization drops are a result of the freezes and not the cause? I don't know, I'm at the end of my wits here. Someone please help me out, I'm about to tear my hair out over this!!

This freezing problem ONLY occurs in PUBG Mobile which I play using an Android emulator called LDPlayer;

From your description, this sounds like an issue related to PUBG Mobile!, if other games are running smoothly on your PC> Could also a LAG issue, but I'm not sure, since I don't play this game.

Have you tried asking this over at the official Game FORUMS as well ? Just my thoughts....