[SOLVED] gpu utilization.

Sep 7, 2021
I have an acer nitro 5 with a gtx 1660ti mobile, an i7-10750h, and 16gb of ram, I was recently surprised to notice that in valorant everything ran as expected, gpu usage ranging from 90-100% and cpu between 60-80%, however on fortnite with performance mode all low 1080p my gpu is between 30-40% utilization resulting in sometimes sub 100 fps, If i switch off of performance mode the gpu usage stays the same, however if i select all graphics options to the highest available, my gpu is maxed out, however this is not viable as my frames are 60-80 and I am on an external 144hz monitor connected to my gpu. I have set the game to high priority in graphics settings and all nvidia settings are optimized. I was wondering if there is a fix to this or if the game is just that heavily cpu bound?

Solution
You'll have to look into your laptop's BIOS options for whether you can clock it any faster than the 2933MT/s it is running at. Alternately, you could look into tightening timings if whatever profile got loaded didn't do so already. If you run a 3200MT/s DIMM at 2933MT/s, chances are you can reduce all timings by 10% rounded down, which would be -1/-1/-1/-2 vs the DIMM's 3200MT/s profile.

100FPS in Fortnite appears to be quite low for an i7-10750h. At a glance, it should be 200+ when the GPU isn't an issue. Either you have something imposing a frame rate limit or something is holding the CPU back from sending more frames to the GPU.
Sep 7, 2021
do u mean
its cpu bound
The reason I am confused is I am unsure of what my gpu usage was a few weeks ago on the same settings, however I do recall higher fps, this is odd as it appears nothing has changed, i ran a user benchmark, which reported outstanding performance for both cpu and gpu, however my ram was beneath potential, clocking at 2933mhz, when capable of 3200, the ram is also single channel, I was wondering if there is a way to increase my ram frequency with out an xmp profile as, to my knowledge my bios does not support xmp, thanks so much for your reply any assistance is greatly appreciated.

InvalidError

Titan
You'll have to look into your laptop's BIOS options for whether you can clock it any faster than the 2933MT/s it is running at. Alternately, you could look into tightening timings if whatever profile got loaded didn't do so already. If you run a 3200MT/s DIMM at 2933MT/s, chances are you can reduce all timings by 10% rounded down, which would be -1/-1/-1/-2 vs the DIMM's 3200MT/s profile.

100FPS in Fortnite appears to be quite low for an i7-10750h. At a glance, it should be 200+ when the GPU isn't an issue. Either you have something imposing a frame rate limit or something is holding the CPU back from sending more frames to the GPU.

Solution
Sep 7, 2021

By 100 fps i mean looking at a certain poi that is very demanding other than that i usually sit between 160-240

Sep 7, 2021

Sadly the bios in my laptop is very simple, i am unsure if there is a sequence of keys i could press to enter a more advanced bios, however so far all attempts have been futile, Thank you so much for the help though.

TRENDING THREADS