[SOLVED] GPU Vibrating/Buzzing

Solution
My guess is the reason why one of the fans is stuck at max speed even under light load is because the other fan has failed its RPM check so the fan controller is leaving PWM at 100% to hopefully get the slow fan unstuck.

Vibrating is just something fans do, might be vibrating worse than you are used to simply because the fast fan is spinning faster than you were used to. The fan may also not be balanced around 100% speed since it shouldn't be going that anywhere near fast under normal conditions.

InvalidError

Titan
My guess is the reason why one of the fans is stuck at max speed even under light load is because the other fan has failed its RPM check so the fan controller is leaving PWM at 100% to hopefully get the slow fan unstuck.

Vibrating is just something fans do, might be vibrating worse than you are used to simply because the fast fan is spinning faster than you were used to. The fan may also not be balanced around 100% speed since it shouldn't be going that anywhere near fast under normal conditions.

Solution
Apr 22, 2021

Do you have any idea on how to fix this? I tried gaming for 10 minutes, then tried touching the GPU's backplate it was so hot.

Also if I try and spin the left span manually with my finger, it would actually match the speed of the right fan. But quickly slow down after several seconds...

InvalidError

Titan
If the fans have individual wires and are long enough to reach each other's connector, you could try to swap them around to determine whether it is the fan or fan controller that has gone bad. If it is the fan, you need a new fan. If it is the board, you probably need a repair or could possibly hard-wire the fan into a spare PSU cable if the GPU is out of warranty.

Apr 22, 2021
If the fans have individual wires and are long enough to reach each other's connector, you could try to swap them around to determine whether it is the fan or fan controller that has gone bad. If it is the fan, you need a new fan. If it is the board, you probably need a repair or could possibly hard-wire the fan into a spare PSU cable if the GPU is out of warranty.

I'll try this out tomorrow.

Thanks!