GPU Voltage Peak With Kombustor :(

Jan 8, 2019
Hi,

I was try overclock my brand new Sapphire Rx580 Nitro+ SE that with the TRIXX software allows me to raise the voltage to max +200mw and 50%+ the power limit...

Today i've tried MSI Kombustor, and i've noticed that the peak core voltage was 1.5v!! (Avg was 1.35 more or less) Is that possible? Or is a bad reading? I'm worried for my vga...

Solution
If it was over the limits, the graphics card wouldn't accept it. The specific maximum core voltage isn't listed.

But as I said you can test it yourself with a stress test. Any overclock runs some risk of damaging the graphics card. My personal graphics card is overclocked with a 10% power target. That is my suggestion.
Jan 8, 2019
Hi Terry,

yes i've already restored the voltage and the clocks, my question is, 1.5/1.55v is too high for an RX580? I dont want to set it so high 24/7, i was only worried about this peak that the vga has received :(

The limits for core voltage will be hard coded for the specific graphics card. If the stress test passes with a reasonable temperature, then it is OK. If it crashes , then lower it.

If it was over the limits, the graphics card wouldn't accept it. The specific maximum core voltage isn't listed.

But as I said you can test it yourself with a stress test. Any overclock runs some risk of damaging the graphics card. My personal graphics card is overclocked with a 10% power target. That is my suggestion.

Solution