Question GPU voltage problem

Avares

Commendable
Jul 30, 2021
My GPU is RX 5600XT.I am asking because it's stutter while i play games and i found out that when its hapen the voltage,core clock,power consumption and usage on the GPU drops.Can you tell me what it cold be.

Phaaze88

Titan
Ambassador
Think of the gpu as the last phase of the frame rending pipeline before delivering the finished image to the screen and it should make more sense. It doesn't need to run at full speed if the stream has slowed down or stopped somewhere.
You likely need to look elsewhere.

Avares

Commendable
Jul 30, 2021
Thank you but this was a bit complicated answer.So The GPU is the last ting before the frame is redy and yet cold you tell me from where the problem might come fromIf is not the OC.
Tanks.

Hello.I want to ask should the voltage of the GPU be constant during gameplay ?

Thanks.
It doesn't have to be. It depends on the load and how fast the clock speed the GPU wants to run at. Typically higher clock speeds require higher voltages.

If you're asking for sudden drops in GPU performance, assuming it was fine like 99% of the other times, it's probably the CPU suddenly being busy with something.

Avares

Commendable
Jul 30, 2021
Cause and effect.
Effect: Gpu is dialing down parameters because it's waiting.
Cause: No idea. You've given us nothing to work with.
This is about the problem.I bye a pc 9 months ago and every passing weak gets worse and worse.When i play a game stutters,laging,having very bad frame time and some time FPS drop(for example 80 fps to 40 fps).The problem i believe coming from this-GPU usage drops when i play a game,also core clock,power consumption and the voltage.All temps are normal.
I did everything i can but failed to fixed.I tried power plan settings,window reinstall,driver reinstall,antivirus program,sendet to service and many usual things that has been dunn in such situation and nothing.Even getting worse in time.The CPU is been checked in service and it's okay.The same whit the GPU.At least thats what they say.Please help.
My specs:
Intel i5 10400f
ASUS TUF RX5600XT
Gigabyte B460 motherboard
T-FORCE 16 Gigs 3200mhz cl16 RAM
512 Intel Nvme for windows 1 TB Samsung Evo 860 for games
Koling Modular 600 watt 80+bronze PSU .

Avares

Commendable
Jul 30, 2021
How are your CPU and GPU temps while gaming ?
Have you run the manufacturers software for your SSDs to test their health ?
[/While gaming-GPU temp 65-66c.CPU around 65c.I run some software(i don't remember the name) and its show 99 helt ot first SSD and 100 for the rest.Something like that.
I want to know which pc part could produce such a problem.

Avares

Commendable
Jul 30, 2021
While gaming-GPU temp 65-66c.CPU around 65c.I run some software(i don't remember the name) and its show 99 helt ot first SSD and 100 for the rest.Something like that.
I want to know which pc part could produce such a problem.

Phaaze88

Titan
Ambassador
~Ohh, drive HEALTH.
No, that's not it chief.

-The game.
-Some 3rd party app you downloaded and installed, excluding the necessary mobo and gpu drivers.
Nothing stuck out as unusual in the userbench result either, so I think it's one of the above, or a combination of.

Avares

Commendable
Jul 30, 2021
Sorry that i wrote wrong,but it's not my birth language.I wrote in google and it translated automatic...but i ges it make mistakes.
It's not some game because it stutter in every game.I have many 3rd part software but i dont think its because that.As i mentinon the problem gets wors over time...no such software do such thing.Thats why i wanna know which hardware can act licke that.Tanks.

Phaaze88

Titan
Ambassador
As i mentinon the problem gets wors over time...no such software do such thing.Thats why i wanna know which hardware can act licke that.Tanks.
There's not many things hardware-related, that I know of at least, that can cause what you describe:
-cpu/gpu/storage drive thermal throttling
-motherboard VRM thermal/power throttling
-storage drive poor health, or on the verge of dying
-storage drive 100% disk activity
-multiple monitors plugged into the gpu, but they have different native refresh rates.

On the other hand, some 3rd party software apps can eat up precious system resources that you may need to game smoothly.

Avares

Commendable
Jul 30, 2021
Atlas somebody mention really specific causes about the problem.I wrote before on other post and nobody was specific like you and for that i thank you.
Can you tell me if is a 3rd party software how to dealt with it.I reinstall OC many time and run antivirus (windows defender and malwarebytes) and noting.Tanks

Phaaze88

Titan
Ambassador
Do a Clean Boot: https://www.tomshardware.com/how-to/clean-boot-windows-10
You'll first try to run games with only the Microsoft services enabled, and if there's no problems, then enable the other services one at a time.
Time consuming - increasingly so the more apps and services that are installed on your PC, but there's no other way to single out the troublemaker(s) besides process of elimination.

Avares

Commendable
Jul 30, 2021
No error message.I did exactly what you say and nothing.I disable every non windows services...the problem stay.I enable again every non windows service-the same.Any other suggestion?
And 1 more question.Is it possible that if the CPU is fried (it is given more voltage for a longer time)to starts to give less results to CINEBENCH and over time to get worse. More precisely you fry it, immediately after that the test result is normal but over time (i am talking about months)to star getting worse results.Thanks.

Last edited:

TRENDING THREADS