Question Gpu vs Display scaling, alt tab speed on non native resolution games

veeljko23

Reputable
May 24, 2020
I upgraded from gtx 560 to 1650 super and i saw the option for gpu scaling and i wanted to try it out and i noticed that ingame where i use resolution 1280x960 that game looks much sharper and there are no blurry vertical pixels (like there were on display scaling) and when i alt-tab usually i will be able to do stuff and hear game for 2 seconds before i can see it, now it changed with gpu scaling and the part where i dont see the game but i hear it isnt happening, but sometimes when i have opened something like hbo on broswer its slow like before, and im not sure exactly whats the cause

Lutfij

Titan
Prior to removing the GTX560, did you run DDU to remove all remnants of your GPU drivers? Once removed, powered down and then replaced the GPU with the GTX1650? You're advised to manually reinstall your GPU drivers in an elevated command, i.e, Right click installer>Run as Administrator.

As for your build, you forgot to mention the make and model of your PSU as well as it's age...alongside the rest of your system's specs. Since you've posted this on the Windows 10 section, mind sharing what version(not edition) of Windows 10 you're on at the time of writing?

veeljko23

Reputable
May 24, 2020
Prior to removing the GTX560, did you run DDU to remove all remnants of your GPU drivers? Once removed, powered down and then replaced the GPU with the GTX1650? You're advised to manually reinstall your GPU drivers in an elevated command, i.e, Right click installer>Run as Administrator.

As for your build, you forgot to mention the make and model of your PSU as well as it's age...alongside the rest of your system's specs. Since you've posted this on the Windows 10 section, mind sharing what version(not edition) of Windows 10 you're on at the time of writing?
Yes i did, i removed all of those drivers, installed new ones everything is fine
i7 870
4x2gb 1333mhz
lc power 6650v2.2 i got it used + im using it for a year and i dont know how long was it used before, i never had any issues with it and win 10 version is 21H2

TRENDING THREADS