Question GPU Water cooler for 4070ti?

Mar 12, 2023
Can anyone recommend a good setup for a Gigabyte 4070ti Aero for water cooling?

TIA

Case is HYTE Y60. Plenty of room to add water cooling components. Not new to water cooling and I have built many PCs, but it's been 10 years since my last build.
ASUS Z790 Maximus
intel 1300k
Gigabyte 4070ti AERO
Thermaltake AIO 240

Last edited:

Lutfij

Titan
Welcome to the forums, newcomer!

a good setup for a Gigabyte 4070ti Hero for water cooling
Can you elaborate on your question? Are you looking for a waterblock for the discrete GPU or are you looking at strapping an AIO to the discrete GPU? Speaking of GPU, for the sake of relevance, is this the GPU you're referring to?

Might want to also mention the make and model of your case and the components populating the inside of your case.

Reactions: ZipBang
Mar 12, 2023
As a matter of curiosity, why do you think Gigabyte 4070ti Aero (which has 3 fans already) needs extra water cooling?

I don't think it needs it, I am looking to see what it would cost. It does make a low whistling noise when it gets running. I may replace the air cooling at minimum. Water cooling is just an option I am considering.

Reactions: PEnns
Ballpark, if your only going to do the GPU.....

Waterblock $250+
Radiator 240mm $120
Pump with res $200
Cheapest barb fittings, hose, & clamps $100
2 fans $30
gallon distilled water $3
Plus tax and shipping

In a nutshell your looking $700-800 if your starting fresh, you also need to do a coolant flush at least once a year as well. so remember that when designing a loop as you need to drain it as well.

And that whistling noise is probably coil whine which you cant get rid of.

Last edited:
Reactions: ZipBang