Gpu watercolling ?

Labeller

Reputable
Jan 20, 2016
I own a asus gtx 980 ti strix

I dont have any knowledge on watercooling and i would like to know what i need to do it?

Solution
Water cooling is pretty simple, if you take your time. To water cool a GPU you need a radiator, a pump, a reservoir, tubing, fittings for each piece, fluid and treatment chemicals, and a water block. You want all the pieces to be the same materials, copper/brass as the base metal. Avoid aluminum parts unless you plan to buy *ALL* aluminum parts.

So first step is research. Figure out what you need and where you can get it. I got all my stuff from EKWB (except for one fitting which i got from XSPC cause I missed it on the first pass) You may want to look at their kits to get an idea of all the parts you'll need for your build. Then you can look at the installation manuals too. Then you'll probably want to draw out a plan. Remember that...
Water cooling is pretty simple, if you take your time. To water cool a GPU you need a radiator, a pump, a reservoir, tubing, fittings for each piece, fluid and treatment chemicals, and a water block. You want all the pieces to be the same materials, copper/brass as the base metal. Avoid aluminum parts unless you plan to buy *ALL* aluminum parts.

So first step is research. Figure out what you need and where you can get it. I got all my stuff from EKWB (except for one fitting which i got from XSPC cause I missed it on the first pass) You may want to look at their kits to get an idea of all the parts you'll need for your build. Then you can look at the installation manuals too. Then you'll probably want to draw out a plan. Remember that each part (rad - pump - res) will likely need two fittings. Then put a cart together of all the pieces. Then sit on that cart for a week and do it again to see if you've thought of anything else. Do it again after you've ordered your parts and again when you have them in hand. Order anything you've forgotten. Now follow the instructions to install the water block and and rest of the components.

Ask for some advice here if you aren't sure about a step or component compatibility.

Solution

Labeller

Reputable
Jan 20, 2016

Thank you for your time!