Distinguished
Aug 14, 2012
My system specs are :

Asus rog strix z390-e mobo

Intel core i7 9700k with 240 rgb coolermaster aio

Evga 2080ti black edition

16 gb g skill trident rgb 3200 ddr4 will be upgraded to 32 gb by end of week

Corsair fully modular rm 750x psu

I'm adding 3 120mm corsair ml120 magentiv levitation fans to the top of case when I get them and the additional ram

Cougar panzer max case

I was thinking about adding the hydro copper to my 2080ti. I just need to know what I need to buy in order to make it work. I know I need a pump, reservoir, fittings, and I think it doesnt come with a radiator. Im new to water cooling and was looking for optimal and reliable gear.

Any information or help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.

Solution
Welcome to a whole new world. You are about to embark on the Yellow Brick Road, headed for Oz. No joke. Whatever you think or know for fact about temps and aircoolers, toss it out the window. They don't apply. Under 70°C? Great, no worries, easy enough to do. Just really doesn't matter where under 70°C.

I like custom loops. Done right, they look amazing and really can't be beat for stable temps. But they aren't aircoolers that can just be slapped in, they do require some serious thought as to what's needed, what's required, what's going to work better for you. Reading is essential, read everything, anything. Look at pictures, build videos, read posts, get ideas, ask questions. Have patience, this will not be accomplished overnight...

rubix_1011

Contributing Writer
What is the primary reason to watercool the 2080Ti? Are there any thermal limitations, noise or just you want to? The reason I ask kind of leads into what you might want to do next.

If this watercooling venture is your first step towards watercooling and was the real intent, then I can certainly help with that.

If it is aesthetics and looks, watercooling definitely gets you there, also.

If it is noise or thermals (or both) and you are uncertain about watercooling, you could attempt to see if the cooler is not performing well by removing the side panel of your case and setting up a house fan with airflow set to HIGH directed into the case to see if this makes any difference. If you see differences of 5C or more (lower under same loads), you have an airflow problem. If temperatures are relatively similar (within 1-3C), then you likely need to look at the cooler, fan RPM curve and even the factory thermal compound...replace it with some quality stuff.

For watercooling: yes, you're going to need a pump, likely a reservoir (many pumps have built-in reservoirs), a radiator, fittings (2 per component...one inlet, one outlet) and tubing. You'll also need to consider what coolant or fluid to use; my recommendation is the clear coolants offered by EK, Swiftech, Alphacool and Corsair (I've used these) or distilled water and anti-growth additives to prevent algae growth.

Watercooling is a balance of thermal load in (GPU, CPU, other components with blocks) vs. thermal load dissipated (radiator size, fan speed, coolant flow rate), so knowing how much thermal load you are absorbing is also be dealt with adequately.

Depending on what you want to accomplish, you can easily include the CPU into the cooling loop provided you have enough radiator area (and fans) as well as CPU block and fittings to include. Check out the configurator options at both EK's and Corsair's websites to help you, and let me know if you have any questions.

Also, the watercooling sticky is linked in the meta index below...highly recommend reading for the basics.

unryl

Distinguished
Aug 14, 2012
I havent been on in a while and thanks for your thought out answer. I want to do it because I've just wanted to get into liquidcooling PCs but never had the means growing up or when I was younger. Iive in a place where 99% of people dont even know you can liquid cool pcs. I appreciate your answer. I want to do it just to be able to have my hardware be able to hit its limits without going above 70c.

Karadjgne

Titan
Ambassador
Welcome to a whole new world. You are about to embark on the Yellow Brick Road, headed for Oz. No joke. Whatever you think or know for fact about temps and aircoolers, toss it out the window. They don't apply. Under 70°C? Great, no worries, easy enough to do. Just really doesn't matter where under 70°C.

I like custom loops. Done right, they look amazing and really can't be beat for stable temps. But they aren't aircoolers that can just be slapped in, they do require some serious thought as to what's needed, what's required, what's going to work better for you. Reading is essential, read everything, anything. Look at pictures, build videos, read posts, get ideas, ask questions. Have patience, this will not be accomplished overnight, not if you want it done right, with the performance you request/demand and the look you are after.

Solution