Question GPU weird glitches/artifacts ?

Balkan BuraZZers

Distinguished
Jul 17, 2015
Hello, so i have had my Nvidia2070 super for 2 years now, ive had this problem once 1 year ago and it didnt happend again until few days ago. So what happends is i leave my pc idle for few hours monitor shuts off automaticly when i come back turn the monitor on i have this visual glitches on apps like "discord, chrome, even video player" 1 year ago it was only discord and after restart pc didnt happend for a year, now few days ago it was happening on discord chrome and windows video player, same story left pc idle for few hours turn on then that happend, after restart it didnt happend in any game anything.

After that i turned off monitor turning off automatically and today i turned of monitor for like 2 hours, then turned it on and left it idle for like 1 hour more, and when i came back gliches were hapening for like on discord instead of names i se dots and on chrome instead of letters i se dots as well, and again after restart its fine, and never happend in game so far. I was thinking maybe like my gpu turns off when monitor is off and when it turns on again some glitch happends with drivers (i dont know this im just guessing, i dont even know if it turns off) also after turning monitor off/on after idle on discord i allways saw like this messege (changed audio device) idk is that relatable. Also i tried using shadowplay Alt F10 to replay what happend and its just black screen with sound, both times recently, and after restart alt f10 works fine too.. Should i be worried?

Are you able to take a picture of the artifacts with your phone camera?
If you remove the side panel of your PC case, does your GPU sag like in the bottom half of this picture?

aa4xlay2typ41.jpg

Balkan BuraZZers

Distinguished
Jul 17, 2015
Are you able to take a picture of the artifacts with your phone camera?
If you remove the side panel of your PC case, does your GPU sag like in the bottom half of this picture?

aa4xlay2typ41.jpg
Ty for reply, no it doesnt sag because i have that ''holder'' that comes with my gpu and it holds it up, i have screenshot of the artifatcs from last year( ) i just remembered some people were saying like "this happends alot for me in electron programs like chrome/discord" i think its same for me, when on desktop it doesnt happend only on discord chrome and it happend on windows movies app when i was trying to view a alt f10 video. But as i said so far never in game or anything.
ke8b9iiyb1081.png

P.S i was able to screenshot this last year with print screen and it worked, i will try it again if it happends.

Ty for reply, no it doesnt sag because i have that ''holder'' that comes with my gpu and it holds it up, i have screenshot of the artifatcs from last year( ) i just remembered some people were saying like "this happends alot for me in electron programs like chrome/discord" i think its same for me, when on desktop it doesnt happend only on discord chrome and it happend on windows movies app when i was trying to view a alt f10 video. But as i said so far never in game or anything.
ke8b9iiyb1081.png

P.S i was able to screenshot this last year with print screen and it worked, i will try it again if it happends.

Did you purchase your GPU new? If so, it could still be under warranty.
However, I'm hesitant to say that this is being caused by your GPU alone, because it's only limited to certain apps.
But to clarify, in the picture you just posted, if you close discord does the artifacting remain on screen? If you minimize discord, can you still see the artifacting or is it only limited to that one app? The issues could be related absolutely, but I'd try some software troubleshooting first.

Try uninstalling your graphical drivers, and reinstalling. After that, try to reproduce the artifacts. If they happen again, I want you to try resetting your display drivers. To restart your graphics drivers, press Win+Ctrl+Shift+B. Do they go away? Come right back? Black screen? Let us know.

Balkan BuraZZers

Distinguished
Jul 17, 2015
Did you purchase your GPU new? If so, it could still be under warranty.
However, I'm hesitant to say that this is being caused by your GPU alone, because it's only limited to certain apps.
But to clarify, in the picture you just posted, if you close discord does the artifacting remain on screen? If you minimize discord, can you still see the artifacting or is it only limited to that one app? The issues could be related absolutely, but I'd try some software troubleshooting first.

Try uninstalling your graphical drivers, and reinstalling. After that, try to reproduce the artifacts. If they happen again, I want you to try resetting your display drivers. To restart your graphics drivers, press Win+Ctrl+Shift+B. Do they go away? Come right back? Black screen? Let us know.
I didnt buy new gpu and warranty ran out like month ago or so i think.And yes its limited to Electron based Apps so far and when i minimize discord there are no artifacts on desktop and when i tab back they move to different places. Also all 3 times this artifacting happend was after my PC whent idle (automatic monitor shut off) and i come back after few hours and move mouse so it runs back on and then it happends all 3 times i think it must be related to that. Also my friend told me he had similar discord issue also after leaving pc idle. For me it happend on chrome too but i read chrome is also Electron based app. If it happends again i will try win ctrl shift B. I think the key is the monitor shut off and after turning it back of and being idle then it happends, i must be related to that but idk what causes it, could be electron bugging or something.

I didnt buy new gpu and warranty ran out like month ago or so i think.And yes its limited to Electron based Apps so far and when i minimize discord there are no artifacts on desktop and when i tab back they move to different places. Also all 3 times this artifacting happend was after my PC whent idle (automatic monitor shut off) and i come back after few hours and move mouse so it runs back on and then it happends all 3 times i think it must be related to that. Also my friend told me he had similar discord issue also after leaving pc idle. For me it happend on chrome too but i read chrome is also Electron based app. If it happends again i will try win ctrl shift B. I think the key is the monitor shut off and after turning it back of and being idle then it happends, i must be related to that but idk what causes it, could be electron bugging or something.

It may be how windows is viewing the monitor after it reconnects from sleep, possibly an issue with the bit-depth setting in windows display settings. But really this is just odd behavior, once you try uninstalling/reinstalling graphical drivers... I'd try uninstalling / reinstalling the affected apps as well. Could even be an issue with your windows install.