Question Gpu well underperforming.

Oct 1, 2022
I have a graphics card that heavily underperforms as a guy that currently sits in the IT sector i thought i would've figured out by now.

(Laptop specs)

Intel core i7-11375H
Nvidia RTX 3060 mobile
16GB ram DDR4

For example Minecraft without shaders hits around 90fps. It sais its using 91-100% gpu usage but nvidia monitoring sais 13- 30% usage. With shaders minecraft isnt playable with around 20 to 30 fps and gpu usage the same.

Fornite on performance mode uses 90-100% gpu and gets around 200 fps in creative while in battle royale it goed under 144 easily and even hits spikes to 80 fps. Fortnite using DirectX12 is not playable sits around 60 fps maybe 90-100 on low settings but thats not what i want out of my graphics card.

other various games too that suprised me how bad it ran since it is a decent "okay" gaming laptop.

As i mentioned im someone in IT and i've tried alot so don't come with updating drivers. Setting nvidia configuration and other basics.

Thank you all :)

Which laptop is this?

The thing with most gaming laptops now is to avoid having them be as thick as an Oxford dictionary, the cooling system is undersized for the total power both the CPU and GPU can handle. For instance, a gaming laptop may be paired with a 40W CPU and a 80W GPU, but the cooling system will only let them use 100W between the two.

The other aspect is that NVIDIA GPUs have a range of TDP. The RTX 3060 for laptops could be either a 60W, 80W, 100W, or 115W (or anything in between). So comparing what you have to another laptop with an RTX 3060 isn't straight forward. This is on top of said laptop possibly having a different CPU, cooling configuration, etc.

Oct 1, 2022
Which laptop is this?

The thing with most gaming laptops now is to avoid having them be as thick as an Oxford dictionary, the cooling system is undersized for the total power both the CPU and GPU can handle. For instance, a gaming laptop may be paired with a 40W CPU and a 80W GPU, but the cooling system will only let them use 100W between the two.

The other aspect is that NVIDIA GPUs have a range of TDP. The RTX 3060 for laptops could be either a 60W, 80W, 100W, or 115W (or anything in between). So comparing what you have to another laptop with an RTX 3060 isn't straight forward. This is on top of said laptop possibly having a different CPU, cooling configuration, etc.
Thank you for your reply. I have a MSI stealth 15m. And true you might be right. Here is detailed info about the GPU. can you tell me is everything even in correct state? i feel like it's not right at all. and yes i must agree it is thin . View: https://imgur.com/a/zXoOgBP

For example Minecraft without shaders hits around 90fps. It sais its using 91-100% gpu usage but nvidia monitoring sais 13- 30% usage. With shaders minecraft isnt playable with around 20 to 30 fps and gpu usage the same.
First of all what's saying 91-100% and which nvidia monitoring is showing 13-30%?

Also what does the VRAM usage look like in this situation?
Fornite on performance mode uses 90-100% gpu and gets around 200 fps in creative while in battle royale it goed under 144 easily and even hits spikes to 80 fps. Fortnite using DirectX12 is not playable sits around 60 fps maybe 90-100 on low settings but thats not what i want out of my graphics card.
I'm assuming this is 1080p?

It's going to depend somewhat on the settings, but knowing what CPU/GPU usage looks like in this situation would be helpful. I'm not super familiar with fortnite, but I believe some of the DX12 stuff really increases VRAM usage.

Oct 1, 2022
First of all what's saying 91-100% and which nvidia monitoring is showing 13-30%?

Also what does the VRAM usage look like in this situation?

I'm assuming this is 1080p?

It's going to depend somewhat on the settings, but knowing what CPU/GPU usage looks like in this situation would be helpful. I'm not super familiar with fortnite, but I believe some of the DX12 stuff really increases VRAM usage.
yes always 1080p
it is vage because the f3 settings in minecraft shows almost max Usage. while the Windowskey+R nvidia shortcut shows under 50% . i dont know what to do no more lmao

Try using some actual monitoring software like HWMonitor and MSI Afterburner to see what you CPU and GPU are actually doing while you're playing games. You're not really providing enough information to help determine where the issue may be.