[SOLVED] GPU will not fit my motherboard/case!

Apr 11, 2020
So im building a PC and everything was going well until i tried to slot the GPU into the motherboard.
Its an RX 5700 Mech OC on an ASRock motherboard and every time i try, a little bit on the right fits in before the case or whatever it is blocks me from fully snapping down the left side of the GPU. Its infuriating and i dont know what to do.

Solution
The silver thing is called "GPU bracket" (more specifically full height/low-profile bracket) in this case its full height bracket.
There ~1-2mm gap between the left case wall and the motherboard and that's where the bracket fits, it goes beyond the motherboard PCB.
Make sure you open the locking tab on PCI-E slot and lower the card leveled and it should fit right in.
" on an ASRock motherboard "

yeah we're gonna need more information that that. ASRock did release more than a single motherboard over the last decade.
also it would really help to know which case you're using.

otherwise I just can offer my sympathies.

typically when you remove the covers from your case and screw down the "left side" of the gpu to your case it snaps smoothly into your motherboard as well.

Apr 11, 2020
" on an ASRock motherboard "

yeah we're gonna need more information that that. ASRock did release more than a single motherboard over the last decade.
also it would really help to know which case you're using.

otherwise I just can offer my sympathies.

typically when you remove the covers from your case and screw down the "left side" of the gpu to your case it snaps smoothly into your motherboard as well.

GPU: MSI Radeon RX 5700 MECH OC
Mobo: ASRock B365M-HDV

Should all be fine and ive just established that its the silver metal part that goes on the outside of the case thats the issue. Whenever i try to put the left side down it rubs against the case and stops me.

haseeb98ahm

Honorable
Jan 30, 2018
The silver thing is called "GPU bracket" (more specifically full height/low-profile bracket) in this case its full height bracket.
There ~1-2mm gap between the left case wall and the motherboard and that's where the bracket fits, it goes beyond the motherboard PCB.
Make sure you open the locking tab on PCI-E slot and lower the card leveled and it should fit right in.

Solution
Apr 11, 2020
UPDATE: I managed to fix it. I had to take 2 grates off the back of my case and force the GPU in and it's now all set.

TRENDING THREADS