Question GPU will run TV but not monitors

Apr 1, 2020
I normally have my computer hooked up to two monitors at my desk, I moved my computer and hooked up to my TV for a while. Today I plugged it back into the monitors and started up, it let me log in to Windows, then it restarted itself and then the monitors were no longer getting signal. I checked all my cables, I took out RAM 1 stick at a time, nothing. I hooked it back up to the TV and it worked again. What is going on here? I would think the monitors and the TV should look the same to the graphics card?
Please advise.

henterpriser

Reputable
Sep 14, 2019
I normally have my computer hooked up to two monitors at my desk, I moved my computer and hooked up to my TV for a while. Today I plugged it back into the monitors and started up, it let me log in to Windows, then it restarted itself and then the monitors were no longer getting signal. I checked all my cables, I took out RAM 1 stick at a time, nothing. I hooked it back up to the TV and it worked again. What is going on here? I would think the monitors and the TV should look the same to the graphics card?
Please advise.
The monitor is showing "No Signal"? or something like out of range/unsupported etc...