Question GPU Woe's - Won't post

Sep 7, 2021
Ok, just got myself a used Asus GTX970 Strix today, Installed it and no display comes up. (No Signal) Seller tells me it is a good running card. I tried everything. DVI - HDMI - Even Display Port. Nothing. So I installed it in a friends computer (Bless Her Heart) with HDMI cable and there it was. Boot screen came up, tried it three times came up every time. Same cable I was using with my system, same monitor, just different computer. (Ryzen 3 2200g). It worked fine in hers. (I'm Assuming) I didn't go as far as installing drivers or software, didn't want to mess up her system. For some reason I cannot get this card to post in my own computer. I even tried resetting bios to defaults. The computer seems to boot without the screen just no signal to monitor. ( I do not recommend doing that. )

I'm running an ASRock 970A-G/3.1, FX-8350, 16gig Corsair Vengeance Pro 1600mhz, 700 watt Thermaltake PSU 80+ (Non modular) Windows 10 Pro (Latest) - ONN 24in LCD Monitor 60hz - 256gig ADATA NVMe M.2 Boot SSD. Radeon R7 240 (For the Moment)
I've never had problems with other GPU's. I'm using my R7 right now to post this, and was using a RX-550 before this. She and I have the same Power Supply Unit, so I know mine is strong enough.

Any help with this would GREATLY appreciated.

Last edited:

Ralston18

Titan
Will gently wiggling the GPU restore the signal?

Use a bright flashlight to take a close look at the physical installation of the ASUS GTX970. Especially around the video port(s).

Also check slots and connectors for debris, interference, signs of damage.

Sep 7, 2021
The card is in great condition as far as its physical shape. Clean, no corrosion, dirt, or anything. After trying everything I possibly could find, I've pretty much determined this card is not compatible with my system for some reason. It posted in my friends computer but not mine. So it's going back to seller and I'll find something else. That's the only option I have left. Got my eye set on a 1060 now. Same performance.