[SOLVED] GPU won’t turn on

Dec 19, 2020
This is my first PC build and everything seemed to be going fine until I finally turned it on. The GPU didn’t do a thing and the monitor displayed no signal. All the components are brand new and haven’t shown any signs of damage.
Here is my set up

-AMD RX 580 8gb GPU
-Ryzen 7 3700x CPU
-ARESGAMES 750w
-WD BLUE 500gb SN550 ssd card
-2x 8gb T-force Vulcan RAM
Asrock B450M/ac motherboard

If it's powering off it may not be finishing POST. Try unplugging all drives and just having one stick of RAM in the second slot from the CPU.
What CPU cooler are you using? Did you follow the instructions for proper installation? Maybe try taking it off and re-seating?

Dec 19, 2020
If it's powering off it may not be finishing POST. Try unplugging all drives and just having one stick of RAM in the second slot from the CPU.
What CPU cooler are you using? Did you follow the instructions for proper installation? Maybe try taking it off and re-seating?
I tried the one stick of ram and the problem persists. I am using a Wraith spire cooler that came with my CPU and it seems to fit fine

Last edited:
Dec 19, 2020
Is there anything else I could try

Dec 19, 2020
If you have a secondary or friend's computer you could try your components (RAM if compatible, CPU if compatible, GPU) in their system. Sometimes local computer builder stores will test your equipment for you.
Is there a chance that a BIOS update would help, I have narrowed down the problem to the CPU and the CPU is not compatible with the current BIOS update is it possible to update the motherboards BIOS while it is stuck in a boot loop. Or should I just get an entirely new motherboard that is compatible with the cpu.

TRENDING THREADS