yullbarez

Commendable
Jan 17, 2019
Hi i've bought MSI RX 570 Gaming X 4G. I've unboxed it and tried to plug it to mothetboard. But the card crossed to HDD Cage for 3CM so i couldn't plug it. I tried to plug it through HDD cage and the card is successfully plugged in case but card's 8 Pin power connector stuck inside so i can't put 8-Pin PCIE power cable. Is there any ti
ps to plug that PCIE power cable inside?

Specs:
Intel Xeon X5450 3.72 GHz OC CPU
Asus ROG Commando Mobo
Kingston 6GB DDR2 800 MHz(2GBx2 1GBx2) CL6 RAM
MSI RX 570 Gaming X 4GB GDDR5 256-Bit GPU
Asus Vento A2 Case
700W Modified PSU (Giving 677W to 12V Channel)
Samsung HD155UI 1.5 TB HDD1
Samsung HD250HJ 250 GB HDD2

Solution
Just be careful to clean out all the metal shavings after drilling. You don't want them to go onto the circuit boards and cause shorts. You can hold a vacuum next to the drill bit while drilling to catch most of it before it spreads, then clean up the rest after removing the drive cage.
Just be careful to clean out all the metal shavings after drilling. You don't want them to go onto the circuit boards and cause shorts. You can hold a vacuum next to the drill bit while drilling to catch most of it before it spreads, then clean up the rest after removing the drive cage.

Solution

yullbarez

Commendable
Jan 17, 2019
I've started drilling it. Thanks to advice. I'll write when it's done.

Reactions: mortemas

yullbarez

Commendable
Jan 17, 2019
I've done. Now my RX 570 working correctly. I'll download it's driver. Thanks for help again!

Reactions: mortemas