Question GPU won't fit into my case ?

zadermac

Distinguished
Aug 19, 2011
I just got a Powercolor Hellhound Spectral White AMD Radeon RX 7900 XTX OC 24GB GDDR6 Graphics Card, and when I try to install it into my NZXT H500 Mid-Tower Case it sits a mm or 2
away from the back bracket. Is that card not compatable with my case?

Colif

Win 11 Master
GPU Dimensions
320mm*118.5mm*62mm
338mm*147mm*62mm(with bracket)

In terms of dimensions, the NZXT H500 is 210mm wide, 460mm tall with feet installed, and 428mm deep. https://xsreviews.co.uk/reviews/nzxt-h500-mid-tower-case-review/

lets see, the 320mm on card is its length, so I assume that matches depth of case

the measurements seem to suggest it should fit.

it sits a mm or 2
off the back bracket is that card not compatable with my case?
what back bracket? i can't even find the nzxt website for case, which makes it fun.

or do you mean the bracket on gpu (you can't take it off, no idea why they show 2 measurements)

can you share some photos? upload to image sharing website and show links here.

Last edited:

Misgar

Notable
Mar 2, 2023
You might consider loosening all the screws securing the motherboard to the bottom of the case, then push the GPU back towards the rear panel, to close up the gap.

Hold the GPU card in the best position, then tighten the mobo mounting screws. There's usually 1mm of "play" available in the mobo mounting holes.

If the GPU bracket is too high, consider installing "packing" washers on top of the mounting pillars underneath the mobo, to raise it up 1 to 2 mm.

In the past, I've bent the metal brackets on awkward PCIe cards to make them fit., but this might not be possible for a large GPU with a 3-slot or 4-slot bracket.