Question Gpu won't let monitor change refresh rate?

Mar 7, 2023
So i've just got a new gpu because my old one was "artifacting". This new one won't let me change my refresh rate on my monitor, I have an acer 240hz monitor and it doesn't even give me the option to change the refresh rate.

Please help if you can!!

I've just got this gpu in the meantime while my old one get's fixed.https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0BLZHHFMB?psc=1&ref=ppx_yo2ov_dt_b_product_details.

If you don't want to click the link the gpu is "

Radeon RX 580 8GB Graphics Card, 256Bit 2048SP GDDR5 AMD Video Card for Pc Gaming, DP HDMI DVI-Output, PCI Express 3.0 with Dual Fan for Office and Gaming"​

Normally I have the option to change my refresh rate with a little dropdown box on advanced display settings but It doesn't let with this new gpu, Also my old gpu was a rx 6600 if that helps.

One more thing, My secondary monitor won't turn on, I've got the hdmi plugged in and all but it wont post, Not the end of the world though. Thanks in advanced for any help with any of the topics :)

Mar 7, 2023
( Could be because I'm using a cheap non really known brand called "ShowKing" even though it says it's an AMD card :/ )

EDIT: Currently installing amd drivers because it is technically an amd card. It does detect it as an amd card as well ).