Question GPU Works in Another Computer, My PC Works with Another GPU, But Together: No Video Output

CorMazz

Honorable
Sep 13, 2013
Windows 10 Home 64bit
EVGA GTX 1080, just got here after an RMA
i5-8600k 4.5 GHz
AS Rock Z370 Killer SLI/AC Motherboard
Corsair RM650X 650W PSU
16 GEIL DDR4 @ 2,132 MHz

Hello everyone,

So the title pretty much explains the problem. I RMA'ed the graphics card because I was starting to get some severe stability issues at high loads. While I was waiting, I put another GPU in my PC and tested the performance, and there were no more stability issues.

The GPU from EVGA came in, and when I put it in my PC, there was no video output. I then got another GPU and put that in my PC, and there was video output again. Finally, I put the GPU from EVGA in another rig, and it worked just fine, so essentially, both the GPU and the PC work, but put them together and I get no video output to the monitor.

Everything starts up, it stays on, just no video output. I have already tried reseating the ram, running with only 1 stick of ram, changing pci slots, clearing the CMOS, changing the type of display output from DVI to HDMI, making sure the monitor is on and set to the correct source, soft resetting windows (graphics works on integrated GPU as well) and changing the PSU.

I am completely stonewalled, and I have literally no idea why this is happening. At this point, any advice would be appreciated.

Thank you,
CorMazz

TheNightTerror

Prominent
Feb 3, 2020
Hello, if you have a spare drive with windows 10 on it, you could try testing it in your PC, making sure to unplug all previous drives. If it works, it may be a driver issue. If it doesn’t, try updating your BIOS.

CorMazz

Honorable
Sep 13, 2013
Hello, if you have a spare drive with windows 10 on it, you could try testing it in your PC, making sure to unplug all previous drives. If it works, it may be a driver issue. If it doesn’t, try updating your BIOS.

Thank you for replying. I have the GPU in my PC currently, yet it is working on the integrated graphics. I checked my bios settings and I have it set to disable the integrated graphics when an external graphics card is inserted. This leads me to believe my motherboard is not detecting my graphics card at all.

I flashed my bios to the most recent settings and nothing happened.