[SOLVED] GPU works on every system but mine, and gives me “no signal”

Jul 30, 2019
I’ve tested it on a couple of rigs, it works.
Tested with the same PSU I have and it works on theirs but not mine.
Tested another cards on my mobo to see if the slot is damaged, they’ve all worked and the slot is fine.
What the hell is happening! Am I cursed?
Full system specs:
Mobo Intel H61
Gigabyte GTX 460 OC TD 160w
I3-3240 3.40 GHz TD 55w
EVGA 650 N1 (just unpacked)/ also tested on another PSU: Huntkey 80+ rated 500GS and didn’t work
4GB x2 RAM 1600 mhz DDR3 slightly different bus speeds but they work well on the onboard gpu
Windows 10
Monitor: it’s a Lenovo idk it’s model but it provides 1920x1080 at 60Hz

Note: the GPU worked before, got a new mobo same model different vendor (arktek) but it Didn’t work on it.

Last edited:
Solution
OK, I found some specs and the ASROCK H61TM-ITX PCIE slot is only a 4X slot Some 16X slot cards will not work. Need a 4X card. From Softpedia news "it only works at x4 (high-end graphics need x16) and is a mini slot, not a full-size one."
Please provide FULL and Complete PC specs of all those RIGs, including your own MOBO. How can anyone guide you, when there is absolutely no info provided from your side.

1. "Complete" system specs should ALWAYS be accompanied with any driver, hardware, or performance question. Do not post DXDiag reports as they contain a TON of useless information. Posting a DxDiag in place of a System Spec List tends to ward off potential members from helping you.

Please supply the following system details/information:

(Complete System Specs)
-CPU make and model# (clock speed/voltage, type of cooler, and "Core" temperature @ idle and load)
-Motherboard make & model# (include Bios version if graphics card is not recognized or you are having stability issues)
-RAM (amount, clock speed, model#/link of kit, configuration)
-Graphics card(s) make and model# (clock speed, voltage if modified, Driver version and GPU temp both @ idle and load)
-Power supply make,model#, "AND" age (note if using 110V or 220V A/C input)
-HDD/SSD configuration (ie: Raid setup/ back up/ OS drive/etc..)
-Case/Chasis make,model# (fan make, model#, and configuration if having thermal issues)
-Operating System (If using Windows note Framework and service pack version)
-Monitor make, model#, and resolution (If model# is unknown list resolution and refresh rate)

Jul 30, 2019
Please provide FULL and Complete PC specs of all those RIGs, including your own MOBO. How can anyone guide you, when there is absolutely no info provided from your side.

1. "Complete" system specs should ALWAYS be accompanied with any driver, hardware, or performance question. Do not post DXDiag reports as they contain a TON of useless information. Posting a DxDiag in place of a System Spec List tends to ward off potential members from helping you.

Please supply the following system details/information:

(Complete System Specs)
-CPU make and model# (clock speed/voltage, type of cooler, and "Core" temperature @ idle and load)
-Motherboard make & model# (include Bios version if graphics card is not recognized or you are having stability issues)
-RAM (amount, clock speed, model#/link of kit, configuration)
-Graphics card(s) make and model# (clock speed, voltage if modified, Driver version and GPU temp both @ idle and load)
-Power supply make,model#, "AND" age (note if using 110V or 220V A/C input)
-HDD/SSD configuration (ie: Raid setup/ back up/ OS drive/etc..)
-Case/Chasis make,model# (fan make, model#, and configuration if having thermal issues)
-Operating System (If using Windows note Framework and service pack version)
-Monitor make, model#, and resolution (If model# is unknown list resolution and refresh rate)
Full system specs:
Mobo Intel H61
Gigabyte GTX 460 OC TD 160w
I3-3240 3.40 GHz TD 55w
EVGA 650 N1 (just unpacked)/ also tested on another PSU: Huntkey 80+ rated 500GS and didn’t work
4GB x2 RAM 1600 mhz DDR3
Windows 10 pro
Monitor: it’s a Lenovo idk it’s model but it provides 1920x1080 at 60Hz

Note: the GPU worked before, got a new mobo same model different vendor but it Didn’t work on it.

arajigar

Distinguished
Jun 1, 2016
Mmmm, better PSU?, I said it before, but I have had a PSU that ran fine until it must have broken something on its inside and then my GTX1050 stopped woring at all. I did a full replacement of the PSU with a brand new
Nox Hummer 650 W Modular Bronze...yes I know that´s not THE BEST but it solved all my problems, it seemed that the old PSU did not have the horserpower to provide energy to the PCI-E slot when the GTX boots.

Phaaze88

Titan
Ambassador
It's the bios on the new mobo. Have you tried to update it yet?
I'm not familiar with the Arktek brand, but if a bios update doesn't work, then that means you can't use newer cards on it - the jerks would've locked out newer cards on the bios level.

lynx1021

Distinguished
"Intel H61" doesn't really tell us anything. Is it an Intel board like a DH61AG or a DH61BF or another brand? H61 is just the chipset used on numerous boards. Is it Identical to your previous motherboard? I saw at least 11 different ones on the Intel site.

moehamm

Reputable
Jul 5, 2019
"Intel H61" doesn't really tell us anything. Is it an Intel board like a DH61AG or a DH61BF or another brand? H61 is just the chipset used on numerous boards. Is it Identical to your previous motherboard? I saw at least 11 different ones on the Intel site.
It is a H61TM-ITX LGA1155, can't find bios anywhere.

moehamm

Reputable
Jul 5, 2019
It's the bios on the new mobo. Have you tried to update it yet?
I'm not familiar with the Arktek brand, but if a bios update doesn't work, then that means you can't use newer cards on it - the jerks would've locked out newer cards on the bios level.
Damn I think I am stuck it has no info/updates on their site. Can I use bios for the same built ASRock mobo? (it is H61TM-ITX LGA1155)
There is one on Lenovo's site but I don't think it's for it since I've changed the Mobo, am I right? There is no f***!@$ way to contact the supplier

Last edited:

moehamm

Reputable
Jul 5, 2019
Mmmm, better PSU?, I said it before, but I have had a PSU that ran fine until it must have broken something on its inside and then my GTX1050 stopped woring at all. I did a full replacement of the PSU with a brand new
Nox Hummer 650 W Modular Bronze...yes I know that´s not THE BEST but it solved all my problems, it seemed that the old PSU did not have the horserpower to provide energy to the PCI-E slot when the GTX boots.
It was tested with 2 PSUs, one EVGA 650w N1 and anotheer low-mid tear Huntkey GS 500w PSU. Both new, didn't work on either of them

lynx1021

Distinguished
When I google H61TM-ITX it does come back to ASROCK brand (from 2013). I am at work right now and for some reason my company thinks the ASROCK site is sketchy and wont let me go there. Does it have ASROCK printed on the motherboard? If so you should be able to find updates there. As Cary Holzman says, on the newer boards it won't let you install the bios update if it is wrong. Always use a empty USB and if the file is Zipped, extract it to the USB from your computer before proceeding.

lynx1021

Distinguished
OK, I found some specs and the ASROCK H61TM-ITX PCIE slot is only a 4X slot Some 16X slot cards will not work. Need a 4X card. From Softpedia news "it only works at x4 (high-end graphics need x16) and is a mini slot, not a full-size one."

Reactions: Moehamm97
Solution

moehamm

Reputable
Jul 5, 2019
Anyways, I've just sold this gpu. replacing it with a GTX 750 or a GT 1030, due to extremely limited budget. If you don't mind suggest me a GPU in the same level performance/price, it'd be helpful from you. TIA.