Question Gpu works with 6 pin, but with 8 it wont start

Mar 19, 2019
Ok, so I've started building my new pc last week, everything was going good until i noticed that my psu has only 6 pin pci cable but my rx 570 requires 8 pin. I went on some forums to see if it is okay to connect only 6 pin until i get an adapter. I did that and the everything worked flawlessly. Today, my adapter came and i connected it. But when I try to power on the pc, the led lights of components just flash for a milisecond and thats it. It wont turn on, and now I have no idea what to do. Any help would be appreciated. (btw when I plug in only the 6 pin, everything works)

Mar 19, 2019
this adaptor might be bad your better to get a psu that will have all cable to power system and gpu .
I am looking for a different solution than buying a new psu, because at the moment I really don't want to spend any more money on my pc. Is there ANY other solution so I can use my gpu with all 8 pins without it crashing?

Mar 19, 2019
not realy other option list your psu .
Well, I'll just use my gpu with 6 pins until i get a new psu. Btw, my model has a tdp of 120w and I know that 6 pin cable and the gpu slot in the mobo together give 150w (75+75), so will everything work fine like this? Can I also do some light gaming?