GPU Wrecks My Computer

Storm_7_7_7

Commendable
Mar 26, 2016
I will post system info after the main body of this post. My old motherboard had a bent cpu pin in it, so I had to toss it away about 6 months ago. I haven't had the means to replace it until this week. I put all my parts in except for the GPU, because I learned in the past that it's best to make major system changes without the GPU in at first. So I get all the drivers setup and whatnot, and all is dandy. I turn off the computer and install the GPU finally. Well I press the power button, but the only sign I get that this thing is even 'alive' is that all the fans start up. Other than that, my keyboard and mouse don't light up, there is no video output, and there is no beeping from the mobo (there isn't beeping regardless, unless something is horribly wrong). When I turn it off, take out the GPU, and restart, the computer turns back on and everything is perfectly normal. I know the GPU is fine because it has been my gaming GPU for about a year before the incident, and also I put it into in my father's computer to test it. I have tried everything within my knowledge to fix this darn thing, and would love some help in fixing this.

CPU: i5-2500K

GPU: XFX Radeon R7 265

Motherboard:Lenovo cih61m

RAM: 12 GB of mismatch sticks (the fact that they're mismatch has proven to not be a problem)

PSU: Rosewill Valens-500 gold+ (I forgot the brand, but it's more than enough wattage because my old one was less than this one.)

Storm_7_7_7

Commendable
Mar 26, 2016

I have plugged the 6 pin connector into the GPU.

you replaced the motherboard?
then i would guess the board has arrived with a dead pci-e slot.

but for testing purposes. connect the vga to the onboard.
boot the system till you get into bios.
change the default vga output to peg1 save and quit
turn the machine off and add the gpu. leave the vga connected to the onboard and try powering on
do you still get no boot?
if not, turn off, connect to the gpu vga output turn on the system...
do you see no signal or just a black screen on your monitor?.

Storm_7_7_7

Commendable
Mar 26, 2016

My BIOS screen doesn't have those kinds of options. It is very basic.