[SOLVED] Gpu z core clock

Solution
I know but the numbers on gpu clock that gpu-z shows on that screen is not suppose to be the max clock ?? Because if it was the current clock on idle as it was on the time of the screenshot it should be less than 100 mhz then ...
GPU-Z seems to display the values based on something going on with the firmware settings, as that value changes depending on which profile I'm using on MSI Afterburner.

So I wouldn't worry about it. Besides, GPUs today don't really have something resembling a hard clock speed limit. They just go as fast as they think they need to or as fast as they're willing based on voltage, temperature, or power consumption. If you want to monitor clock speeds more accurately, I suggest using MSI Afterburner...
I know but the numbers on gpu clock that gpu-z shows on that screen is not suppose to be the max clock ?? Because if it was the current clock on idle as it was on the time of the screenshot it should be less than 100 mhz then ...
GPU-Z seems to display the values based on something going on with the firmware settings, as that value changes depending on which profile I'm using on MSI Afterburner.

So I wouldn't worry about it. Besides, GPUs today don't really have something resembling a hard clock speed limit. They just go as fast as they think they need to or as fast as they're willing based on voltage, temperature, or power consumption. If you want to monitor clock speeds more accurately, I suggest using MSI Afterburner or HWiNFO.

Reactions: Rui Neves
Solution

Rui Neves

Distinguished
Sep 20, 2014

So I wouldn't worry about it. Besides, GPUs today don't really have something resembling a hard clock speed limit. They just go as fast as they think they need to or as fast as they're willing based on voltage, temperature, or power consumption. If you want to monitor clock speeds more accurately, I suggest using MSI Afterburner or HWiNFO.
The thing is why the GPU clock is different than default clock .... The default clock matches the vendor specs but the GPU clock have numbers that does not make sense .

Image compparing with other softwares : https://postimg.cc/rKVKPWY6

The CPU-Z and afterburner as well as hwinfo on load goes to about the same clocks , the 3 softwares show it right .

Last edited:
The thing is why the GPU clock is different than default clock .... The default clock matches the vendor specs but the GPU clock have numbers that does not make sense .

Image compparing with other softwares : https://postimg.cc/rKVKPWY6

The CPU-Z and afterburner as well as hwinfo on load goes to about the same clocks , the 3 softwares show it right .
I would say that tab isn't useful for showing any real-time information. It's only useful for card identification and specs.

And silly me, I forgot that the Sensors tab exists and is just as good as any of the other monitoring apps.

Rui Neves

Distinguished
Sep 20, 2014
I would say that tab isn't useful for showing any real-time information. It's only useful for card identification and specs.

And silly me, I forgot that the Sensors tab exists and is just as good as any of the other monitoring apps.
What tab ? My point was to see the specs of the card , that's why I asked about the GPU-Z not showing the specs as it should , seems that CPU-Z and afterburner shows that specs more accurate according to MSI page. I use hwinfo for real time clocks anyway of any hardware.

Rui Neves

Distinguished
Sep 20, 2014

What tab ? My point was to see the specs of the card , that's why I asked about the GPU-Z not showing the specs as it should , seems that CPU-Z and afterburner shows that specs more accurate according to MSI page. I use hwinfo for real time clocks anyway of any hardware.

The "Graphics card" tab. And again I wouldn't worry about the clock speed readings, because GPU-Z has another tab for that and advertised clock speeds aren't really useful anymore since the card will never really be at those.

Rui Neves

Distinguished
Sep 20, 2014
The "Graphics card" tab. And again I wouldn't worry about the clock speed readings, because GPU-Z has another tab for that and advertised clock speeds aren't really useful anymore since the card will never really be at those.
Yeah I got it thanks.... But GPU-z is showing that GPU clock number why anyway , since that number is not in any other software or even on MSI website ?? On my old RX 580 the numbers were right and it's not that old .