[SOLVED] GPU-Z - GPU Clock and Default Clock at Boost Clock speed?

Oct 23, 2019
I just bought a used Sapphire Nitro RX 480 4gb and used GPU-Z to check, the GPU Clock and Default Clock are both at 1306 MHz. I just checked the gpu clock speeds at techpowerup and it says Base Clock: 1202 MHz , Boost Clock: 1306 MHz.

It got me wondering why both GPU Clock and Default Clock are at 1306 MHz, which is the gpu's Boost Clock, rather than set at 1202 MHz, which is the Base Clock. Does it mean that it is overclocked? I'm also considering flashing the gpu to its original bios, would that reset it to the default settings, removing the set overclock (if it is) and all? Thanks!

Solution
It got me wondering why both GPU Clock and Default Clock are at 1306 MHz, which is the gpu's Boost Clock, rather than set at 1202 MHz, which is the Base Clock.
The rx480 is the Factory Overclocked GPU, it is oced from 1202 to 1306 by Sapphire, if you want under-clock, you can use MSI afterburner, or other software, to do it.

I found the Nitro rx 480 review, they also shows the screenshot, you can see it is as same as the one you posted.
It got me wondering why both GPU Clock and Default Clock are at 1306 MHz, which is the gpu's Boost Clock, rather than set at 1202 MHz, which is the Base Clock.
The rx480 is the Factory Overclocked GPU, it is oced from 1202 to 1306 by Sapphire, if you want under-clock, you can use MSI afterburner, or other software, to do it.

I found the Nitro rx 480 review, they also shows the screenshot, you can see it is as same as the one you posted.

Solution

TRENDING THREADS