[SOLVED] GPU-Z reading PCIE x1 1.1.+ x1 v3.0. Under load?

Jul 26, 2019
Hello, so ive stumbled across this issue today when i installed GPU-z to check everything out when i found out my ram wasnt in the correct spot per the mobo recommendation. (fixed that)

SO i have a EVGA 1080 Ti Sc2 Hybrid

Mobo is ASUS Strix Z270E Gaming

Gpu-z reports the card (obviously) being able to use PCI-E x16 v3.0, but is only being used as PCI-E x1 1.1. I run the Render test and it only increases to PCI-E x1 v3.0.

I started doing some research and figured ok.. i need to update my very old bios. I went ahead and did that and got the lastest version of the bios up and running,

(although when turning on xmp again the PC was having issues rebooting and the RAM Led on mobo was lighting up for approx 4 secs then dissapearing but system wouldnt boot, then it would like quick restart itself, more troubleshooting is required it started today) either way;

with the updated bios it did not fix the issue.

I also re-seated the GPU to the best of my ability to ensure it was fully seated.

No changes after reseating either. my next thought process was maybe the m.2 i have shares PCI-E Lanes or something, but upon looking at the manual and reading what lanes are shared, I dont think its possible/plausible. (for the record m.2 i have is EVO 960 M.2 2280 250GB)

I also looked in the bios for the GPU config to try to see if I could manually set the lane bandwidth to x16, but i couldnt find anything besides the "Tool/Graphics Card Information\GPU Post " Tab and that shows the slot the card is in is the PCIe_x16/x8_1, however to the right it says

"CARD: NVIDIA GPU

TYPE: running at x1 Native"

Oh the other BIOS tab I stumbled across was the Advanced/System Agent Config\PEG Port Configuration

and that page lists

PCIEx16_1 ------ x1

PCIEx16 Link Speed ----- (drop down) Auto

Short of saying the Mobo is just done for, is there anything im missing? Sorry for the wall of jumbled text this is my first post and my formatting has been awful.

Thank you all!