Question Gpu

perez.otmar

Prominent
Dec 17, 2018
hi guys question..
im having problems with battlefield 1..sometimes the fps goes from 80 and drop to 20 most of the time..i have 16 GB 1600MHZ radeon 570 4gb cpu i5 4670k at 4.2 the Gpu is on 1450 and 2000mhz a few days ago was playing sooo good and now i go the same problem again..Gpu temp 55% Cpu between 60 and 75 max and my Gpu usage sometimes is on 100% and drops all the time till 30 sometimes is 0 and sometimes 12 % can you guys help me please thanks..

iMatty

Reputable
Mar 14, 2019
Well thats weird, a GPU shouldn't be at 30% or 0% while ingame, i would say that your GPU is just begin a bottleneck to your CPU and it's not keeping up.

But still thats weird that your GPU is going to 30% or 0% while onload.
Anyone can correct me here.

perez.otmar

Prominent
Dec 17, 2018
Yea man so weird..the cpu temp stay cool the gpu temp too.but sometimes drops really bad from 100 till 30 in seconds so you said that maybe my gpu in bottleneck my cpu than..

perez.otmar

Prominent
Dec 17, 2018
full system is
i5 4670k @4.2
16 gb ram samsung
msi radeon rx 570 4gb oc @ 1450 and 2000mhz
psu evga 600 watts
hyper 212 evo
MB asrock z97 killer..

but i really dont know what is the problem well its only happen on battlefield 1 on multiplayer but in one moment i oc the gpu to 2000mhz and was working so smooth fps 45.50.80.105. than turn off the pc go to sleep turned on again and i got the same problem again..

perez.otmar

Prominent
Dec 17, 2018
yeap i had recorded but the fps doenst drop im using relive from amd so maybe only 1 % drops..but i can make a video posted on youtube and you can see it..is that a good idea?

PC Tailor

Illustrious
Ambassador
Also remember your online capabilities are limited by your internet - this may be the first port of call if you're only experiencing it online. So you may want to check this first.

Yes that can certainly help if it's not your internet.
Just make sure we can see at least:
  • each of your individual cores
  • temperature and % usage.
  • GPU usage and temperature
  • RAM usage
  • Disk usage
Obviously post a point where you are actually experiencing FPS drops.

Some points to consider in the background:
  • Have you run disk clean ups / defrags / trims - equally malware scans may be useful as regular maintenance.
  • Do you have any background applications running?
  • Are you running any overclock?

PC Tailor

Illustrious
Ambassador
What graphic settings are you playing at including monitor resolution?

The biggest issue there is simply that your CPU usage is almost entirely at 100% on individual cores, then your GPU is lingering around 80/90 to sometimes 100%. I understand you said that video maybe isn't the best reflection of the lag, but this seems expected to me, your components are reaching their limitations.

So consider my earlier post:
Some points to consider in the background:
  • Have you run disk clean ups / defrags / trims - equally malware scans may be useful as regular maintenance.
  • Do you have any background applications running?
  • Are you running any overclock?

Also your CPU has been running at it's base/turbo clock for this, but you said you had it OC to 4.2, but I didn't see evidence of this here.

perez.otmar

Prominent
Dec 17, 2018
hey bud..no applications running background..yea i change the cpu from 4.2 to normal and seen to run better.i havent clean the disk yet.i need to wait for my friend to do it he is the expert in computer..and i will show him your msg..to see what we can do..thank you so much buddy anything i will let you know as a soon is possible..thanks..

perez.otmar

Prominent
Dec 17, 2018
buddy we try everything and nothing.all my games play very good even assassin's creed odyssey stay between 62 and 42 fps so thats good for me.but the only problem is BF1 so you said that might be the CPU so what do think if i get the i5 4690k that might fix the problem?thanks..

Apr 2, 2019
your CPU is bottlenecking your GPU, that's why your FPS drop and your GPU utilization also. BF tends to use more threads than other games, so you may be ok in other titles but BF. I know BFV will use up to 30- 60% of 9900k in some scenarios.

PC Tailor

Illustrious
Ambassador
Upgrading to a 4690K will not solve your problem.
Overclock your CPU is the most economical thing to do - but even then your GPU will hit peak loads.

Otherwise it's upgrading to an entirely new rig. Battlefield V is renowned for not giving consistent frame rates on older rigs.
Some people suggest disabling DX12 helps. But what refresh rate and resolution are you playing?

perez.otmar

Prominent
Dec 17, 2018
well i oc the cpu till 4.4 but i could play only 10 minutes and i got blue screen.well another thing is that i playing on a tv samsung 32 inch so the end of this month i will get a 75 hz monitor.i dont know if that will help..and my other problem is that i live in Aruba and for me to order parts outside of Aruba will be too expensive for me..lets say a 75 monitor 27 inch will cost in Aruba around 300$ if i order in USA to come to Aruba will be around 600$so what i can do to keep the cpu in 4.4 mhz...

perez.otmar

Prominent
Dec 17, 2018
the DX12 is always off..and well im using a samsung tv 32 inch 720p the end of this month i will get a new monitor 75hz thats the max i can get where i live and it cost 300$ the thing is that i live in Aruba so everything is coming from outside and really F expensive..but you think if i get a monitor will help? and well i order already the i5 4690k lucky me that my friend is coming form canada in 3 weeks..i just try again at 4.4 mhz but the gpu gets too hot so i dont wanna take the risk and well my other problem is the MOBO since i got it..every time that i turned on..there is a beep first is the MOBO i restart it again and the is the beep from the RAMS so after 4 times and turned on without any problem we check everythiing if there is a metal touching the mobo but nothing and we dont know what is it..