Question GPUs effect on motherboard

Cheersmate

BANNED
Jun 26, 2022
İ have a320m-k and Ryzen 5 3600.İm thinking about buying 3060ti but I'm worried about my Mobo temp increasing.Currently with 1650super Mobo temps are around 70-73 under heavy gaming

kanewolf

Titan
İ have a320m-k and Ryzen 5 3600.İm thinking about buying 3060ti but I'm worried about my Mobo temp increasing.Currently with 1650super Mobo temps are around 70-73 under heavy gaming
It can. The heat generated from the card heats the air inside the case. So then it is a question of how good your case ventilation is.
You can easily test, by running with the side panel off the case. If you get a significant decrease, then you probably have an airflow problem with the case.

Cheersmate

BANNED
Jun 26, 2022
It can. The heat generated from the card heats the air inside the case. So then it is a question of how good your case ventilation is.
You can easily test, by running with the side panel off the case. If you get a significant decrease, then you probably have an airflow problem with the case.
I just checked and in some cases 3060ti runs cooler than 1650super so i guess that means i don't have to worry about increased temps on the Mobo,right?

Cheersmate

BANNED
Jun 26, 2022
İ have Asus a320m-k and 1650 super.Temps of my Mobo are around 70-72 degrees under heavy gaming.Will replacing the GPU with 3060 ti increase the Mobo temp due to the size?From what i have seen 1650 super runs hotter than 3060 ti in most cases

Lutfij

Titan
Not really, in fact, I think you're probably limited in the airflow in your chassis. Please be wary that the power draw between the two cards are not the same so please take note of the PSU's wattage and it's age as an older PSU will have less power available for output due to internal wear and tear.

Cheersmate

BANNED
Jun 26, 2022
Not really, in fact, I think you're probably limited in the airflow in your chassis. Please be wary that the power draw between the two cards are not the same so please take note of the PSU's wattage and it's age as an older PSU will have less power available for output due to internal wear and tear.
So if i get a new GPU that runs cooler it won't be worse,right?I got a 600w high cooler PSU.I have Ryzen 3600 as CPU

punkncat

Champion
Ambassador
That part about airflow is important. Motherboard temps won't be higher due to any power draw. The PCI slot is only going to provide 75W regardless. Case temps, on the other hand, likely will be raised a bit simply due to having more powerful equipment confined with the case. This situation is exactly why you see higher powered systems outfitted with more efficient cooling systems, like water, more fans, larger towers, heat sinks.

There are many accounts of the 3xxx series being "cool" but this is a whole lot in relation to the performance they offer as comparison. There is no way a 1650 would produce more overall temperature inside the case than a 3060ti under normal circumstance.

Cheersmate

BANNED
Jun 26, 2022
That part about airflow is important. Motherboard temps won't be higher due to any power draw. The PCI slot is only going to provide 75W regardless. Case temps, on the other hand, likely will be raised a bit simply due to having more powerful equipment confined with the case. This situation is exactly why you see higher powered systems outfitted with more efficient cooling systems, like water, more fans, larger towers, heat sinks.

There are many accounts of the 3xxx series being "cool" but this is a whole lot in relation to the performance they offer as comparison. There is no way a 1650 would produce more overall temperature inside the case than a 3060ti under normal circumstance.
Airflow is pretty decent inside the case.My.cpu temps are similar to people doing benchmark.videos

Cheersmate

BANNED
Jun 26, 2022

Airflow is pretty decent inside the case.