[SOLVED] GPUs Failure Published

Pee wee

Reputable
Jul 28, 2020
Hello friends,

I hope you are all well! Have a beautiful day ...;)

MINDFACTORY have published Nvidia & AMD gpu failure rates. The info is exclusive to the german market. That is, we can see which GPUs have registered the most failures in germany. Pls, I have some questions :

1. If it is only the german market ...is it the same in other countries ?

Could the ambient temperature have more influence (in other countries) ?

Mindfactory Reports Higher Failure Rate For Nvidia and AMD

Kind regards.

Solution
1)No.
Different economies, different financial situations... some people can only DREAM of buying a 2060 Super even.
I find that article entirely misleading; the European market somehow represents the entire world... :unsure:

2)Yes, but actually no: the temperature of the air entering the cooler, and not just the chassis.
Different hardware setups, fan curves, and the chassis' design; the air entering the cooler is always warmer than room ambient.
Thanks,
I find out I've been lucky so far.
  1. In my opinion Yes, if a big enough sampling is done the stats should be close world wide.
  2. Germany's climate is very similar to mine here in the midwest and I expect the engineers have sized the cooling / heatsinks to minimize returns (Risk Managment) Worldwide.
Best determination would be to investigate changes to the new design that would reduce that risk even further.

Reactions: Pee wee

Phaaze88

Titan
Ambassador
1)No.
Different economies, different financial situations... some people can only DREAM of buying a 2060 Super even.
I find that article entirely misleading; the European market somehow represents the entire world... :unsure:

2)Yes, but actually no: the temperature of the air entering the cooler, and not just the chassis.
Different hardware setups, fan curves, and the chassis' design; the air entering the cooler is always warmer than room ambient.

Reactions: Pee wee
Solution

TRENDING THREADS