Question GPUs not being recognized at all.

Jun 15, 2019
Hello.

Recently I purchased a GPU from a friend of mine, a GTX 1060 which didn't work, then later got an RX570 from the same person.
What happens is, when I plug them in, it is like there is no gpu plugged on the motherboard, at all. and even weirder than that, when I plug in the GTX 1060, the internet is disabled, indicating that there clearly is something going on with the motherboard or the gpu.
I've tested them both on different motherboards and the results are the same, they turn on, fans on, leds on, their processors are clearly warming up, and yet it's like they don't exist.
Neither GPU shows up in device manager, or is recognized by the driver installers, they have no information shown up in the posting screen or the BIOS whatsoever.

Could there be anything happening other than me being ripped off?

My current setup.
GA-78LMT
AMD RX6300
GT 710
8GB RAM

Before mentioning that even if the gpus were working I would be limiting their potential with that setup. I just merely need them to run four monitors to help me work, I don't plan on using them for gaming other than light fighting games, or at all if not for that.

Thanks

From what I can see, your mobo BIOS isn't UEFI. Some modern GPU's, specially the GTX10xx series and AMD 4xx/5xx series have problems with mobo's like that. They require a UEFI compatible bios to work.

You could try and download the latest BIOS for you mobo from the manufacturer. Once you update the bios, then try the cards again. They 'may' work. If they do, great. If they don't the most you will be able to put with it will be a GTX 9xx series or older (7xx/6xx), or an AMD R5/R7 GPU's

Jun 15, 2019
Alright, I'll try and see what happens, but in case it doesn't work, it's worth to ask now, do you think there's any AM3+ socket motherboard that will have either of those GPUs working? Because I have tried before on a GA-970A-DS3P to have the same results happen.

lynx1021

Distinguished
Like Keith12 said " From what I can see, your mobo BIOS isn't UEFI. Some modern GPU's, specially the GTX10xx series and AMD 4xx/5xx series have problems with mobo's like that. They require a UEFI compatible bios to work.
There are some exceptions, some brands have dual bios's and I read about a Switch on some Sapphire GPU's for legacy bios's . I have 2 exceptions , I have 2-XFX RX460's running on 775 Core Duo boards that I bought used on ebay. I have see people running RX580 GPU's on My Gigabyte GA-P45T-ES3G but doesn't say what brand. https://www.userbenchmark.com/System/Gigabyte-GA-78LMT-USB3/1030