Question GPU's usage and watts randomly dropping

Aug 5, 2022
I have this problem, when I play games it just drops from 100W+ to 50-60W and idk how to fix it.

My PC specs are -> CPU: AMD FX-8350
GPU: AMD Radeon RX 570 4GB Strix
RAM: 16GB 2x4 (2 Kingston, 2 HyperX Savage)
MB: AsRock 970 Pro3
PSU: Segotep BP500W
SSD: Kingston A400 240GB (just bought and placed)
HDD: Segotep 1TB (for games)
The temps are pretty good while gaming, idle I get under 50 on both GPU and CPU

Video -> https://www.veed.io/view/59af2993-bba9-4a64-87e2-738634ab35cb

How can I solve this?

Lutfij

Titan
Welcome to the forums, newcomer!

How old is the PSU in your build?

drops from 100W+ to 50-60W and idk how to fix it.
Source a donor PSU that's reliably built and has 550W of power at the entire system's disposal. See if the issue persists.

You mean Seagate, right? Also, how old is the HDD?

Aug 5, 2022
Welcome to the forums, newcomer!

How old is the PSU in your build?

drops from 100W+ to 50-60W and idk how to fix it.
Source a donor PSU that's reliably built and has 550W of power at the entire system's disposal. See if the issue persists.

You mean Seagate, right? Also, how old is the HDD?
I bought this PC from a guy who aleardy had the PSU in it when I got it, back in 2020 but it can have some years in the back of it.

Idk if I would buy a new psu right now, does some settings help?

Yea, seagate. Idk how old is the hdd, it's the same as the psu. I just changed the motherboards because they we're breaking sometimes.

Lutfij

Titan
Buying a second hand system often times means you're buying some one else's mistakes. Settings wont help, unless you've tried reinstalling your GPU drivers, making sure your platform is not pending any updates(without using a third party app). When I said source, I meant borrow, not buy. If the borrowed PSU can't sole the problem, then the GPU might've been the problem all along.

Aug 5, 2022
Buying a second hand system often times means you're buying some one else's mistakes. Settings wont help, unless you've tried reinstalling your GPU drivers, making sure your platform is not pending any updates(without using a third party app). When I said source, I meant borrow, not buy. If the borrowed PSU can't sole the problem, then the GPU might've been the problem all along.
I don't think the gpu is the problem, I changed it bcs of this same thing.

Aug 5, 2022
I have a 400W PSU, is it worth trying or leave it there