News Grab a Radeon RX 580 (8GB) Graphics Card for Just $134

Mar 15, 2020
naah,you always get pieace of crap cheap, as like slower and lausy efficiency product.

usually cheap price mean always lausy,lower average tech and product total value is under its cost.
not recomemnded, no future.

Mod Edit for language

Last edited by a moderator:

w_barath

Distinguished
Aug 22, 2011
@Avram Piltch

"almost any game at 1080p on high settings and many games at 2K resolution with decent settings"

2k is 1080p. I dare say you meant 2160p.

The important thing is that this card has a lot of memory, which means it won't thrash on complex scenes. So its 99th percentile FPS will be higher than a 5500 with 4G of RAM in complex scenes.

larkspur

Distinguished
naah,you always get pieace of crap cheap, as like slower and lausy efficiency product.

usually cheap price mean always lausy,lower average tech and product total value is under its cost.
Not true for this deal. It is a little weird buying a new graphics card that is based on 2016 tech. But, this card at this price provides a wicked-good price to performance ratio. I've been looking for a new card for the last six months. I waited for the 5500 XT but was disappointed. The 5500 XT 8gb is out of my price range and it is only PCIe x8 (which isn't going to cut it at all on my PCIe 2.0 mobo :)

My considerations were a ~$110 RX 570 4gb or ~$160 1650 Super. The 1650 Super I wanted has been $170 and I almost bought it but this RX 580 8gb at this price was a no-brainer. Power consumption isn't a factor for me - I'm replacing an HD 6970 2gb from 2011! I also like having very mature drivers although I recognize that Polaris will hit legacy sooner than later...

Unfortunately, this deal is now over. Glad I saw this article yesterday and grabbed this! Anyway, thanks Avram!

Last edited by a moderator:

King_V

Illustrious
Ambassador

Mod Edit for language

This is a completely uninformed statement that does not in any way contribute any useful information.

scandrews

Honorable
Jan 30, 2018
This is a completely uninformed statement that does not in any way contribute any useful information.

I curious if a 580 8gb would be a reasonable 1080p temporary card. My 2070 died (within a week of being out of warranty), and I won't have the money for anything substantial for 2-3 months (looking towards the 3600/3700 or 'Big Navi')

I play AAA games (AC Odyssey/Origins, Witcher 3 type) along with some older games (GTA V, older AC games). I'm willing to lower settings to stay at 60+.

Would a 580 do the job on a temp basis?

King_V

Illustrious
Ambassador
If anything, I'd maybe suggest an RX570 4GB. While they do perform a little slower, they are typically a far better bang-for-the-buck proposition. You'll definitely have to turn details down, but if you're only doing it for a few months, I'd save the money over the RX 580 8GB.

But... the 2070 was released in late 2018. How is it that yours is out of warranty?

scandrews

Honorable
Jan 30, 2018
If anything, I'd maybe suggest an RX570 4GB. While they do perform a little slower, they are typically a far better bang-for-the-buck proposition. You'll definitely have to turn details down, but if you're only doing it for a few months, I'd save the money over the RX 580 8GB.

But... the 2070 was released in late 2018. How is it that yours is out of warranty?
EVGA - one year

I curious if a 580 8gb would be a reasonable 1080p temporary card. My 2070 died (within a week of being out of warranty), and I won't have the money for anything substantial for 2-3 months (looking towards the 3600/3700 or 'Big Navi')

I play AAA games (AC Odyssey/Origins, Witcher 3 type) along with some older games (GTA V, older AC games). I'm willing to lower settings to stay at 60+.

Would a 580 do the job on a temp basis?

Yea absolutely at that price.

In 3 months time you'd probably get close to the full amount back selling it second hand.

scandrews

Honorable
Jan 30, 2018
EVGA - one year

[/QUOTE

Looking on Amazon the price difference is only about $20 between the 570 and 580.
Yea absolutely at that price.

In 3 months time you'd probably get close to the full amount back selling it second hand.

I can get an RX 580 for about $180-190 new, or an 5500xt 8gb for $200.

From what I can tell, it's kind of a coin flip

The 1660 super is a little more -$220-230, but not sure if I want to go that high

King_V

Illustrious
Ambassador
I can get an RX 580 for about $180-190 new, or an 5500xt 8gb for $200.

From what I can tell, it's kind of a coin flip

If the prices are that close, I'd go with the 5500 XT for the lower power consumption and newer architecture.

Still, if you can get a 570 4GB cheap, go for it, then sell it off when you have the money for your big GPU upgrade.