News Grab an RTX 3080 12GB at its Lowest Ever Price of $769: Real Deals

aalkjsdflkj

Honorable
Jun 30, 2018
The closer you get to the next generation being released the worse a deal the current generation is. Sure, if your card died recently then this is a great deal, but if you're able to get by for another 6 months either the NVIDIA 4x00 series or AMD 7x00 series are probably going to be much better deals. Based on the rumors, the next gen cards that match this card's performance for hundreds of $ less. Of course supply might be an issue, but hopefully the collection of factors that made the current generation so difficult to find won't be nearly as bad at the end of the year.

Reactions: bigdragon

King_V

Illustrious
Ambassador
Actually the 3080 12GB at $769 is an insane deal, the best deal in the high end GPU market by a long shot.

The 3080 12GB has additional CUDA cores and performs very similarly to a 3080 Ti.
I'll grant that at 4K, you do get 10% more fps for 10% more money. The 15% increase in power draw, I'm disappointed in.

punkncat

Polypheme
Ambassador
Keep in mind, it's actual price is $799 and the savings is on a rebate card that you are likely not to get for possibly months. The last time I did a "rebate card" through Newegg/manufacturer it took so long I thought it was a surprise when I finally got it.

Reactions: Phaaze88

colossusrage

Prominent
Jun 8, 2022
While it's probably one of the lowest prices seen . . is it really worth the $70 extra to get an increase of, what, 1 or 2 fps? And, an extra 50W of power draw?
It is because this is the 12GB version, not the 10GB. The 10GB was $699 MSRP, the 12GB was $1,199 (which was obviously overblown).

TRENDING THREADS