News Grab This 32-inch 1440p 144Hz FreeSync Monitor for $240

Barty1884

Retired Moderator
200.gif

Westinghouse used to be one of the largest electronics companies, and Nikola Tesla briefly worked for them, being one of the first companies pushing AC power. Over the course of the last century, they operated a number of power plants, and were a leading brand for electronics and appliances. They apparently made a number of bad business decisions though, and the company was largely split up and merged into other companies by the end of the 1990s.

As for these monitors, they appear to be from a Chinese company who is just licensing the brand-name. I couldn't find any professional reviews of this unit, so it's anyone's guess how it compares.

Reactions: Shadowclash10
Westinghouse used to be one of the largest electronics companies, and Nikola Tesla briefly worked for them, being one of the first companies pushing AC power. Over the course of the last century, they operated a number of power plants, and were a leading brand for electronics and appliances. They apparently made a number of bad business decisions though, and the company was largely split up and merged into other companies by the end of the 1990s.

As for these monitors, they appear to be from a Chinese company who is just licensing the brand-name. I couldn't find any professional reviews of this unit, so it's anyone's guess how it compares.
Westinghouse TVs and monitors have been around for a long time. Nearly all consumer electronics are made in China, so that doesn't really mean much these days. Every RTX 30-series card I've looked at for example has a "Made in China" stamp somewhere. As far as quality, I'd probably put them below Vizio in the TV market -- so not awesome, but not terrible either. (I own a Vizio TV that works okay, and was a pretty good deal at $300 for a 65-inch TV.)

Reactions: Shadowclash10
Nearly all consumer electronics are made in China, so that doesn't really mean much these days.
Well, I meant more along the lines of it apparently being a Chinese-owned company based in the US that is selling screens under the Westinghouse brand, and not actually Westinghouse as it existed for most of the 20th century. That's not to say the screens are bad or anything, just that its not exactly the same company from decades ago.

Reactions: JarredWaltonGPU