GRAFHICS CARD PROBLEM

G

Hello ALL

THIS IS THE FIRST TIME I AM WRITING IN TOM"S FORUM . I am having a problem listed below . I am a total noob when it comes to pc . Please answer with details . Thank you

PC CONFIGURATION :

INTEL Pentium DUAL CPU
E2140 @ 1.60 GHz
0.99 GB of RAM
INTEL ON BOARD 82945G
HARD DISK 80 GB SATA

Prob : I slotted a GF XFX 8500 GT in my motherboard . But the Monitor Display is blank on bootup . Please help me what to do to let my 8500 GT work . Thank you

rmmil978

Distinguished
Feb 9, 2010
Hello ALL

THIS IS THE FIRST TIME I AM WRITING IN TOM"S FORUM . I am having a problem listed below . I am a total noob when it comes to pc . Please answer with details . Thank you

PC CONFIGURATION :

INTEL Pentium DUAL CPU
E2140 @ 1.60 GHz
0.99 GB of RAM
INTEL ON BOARD 82945G
HARD DISK 80 GB SATA

Prob : I slotted a GF XFX 8500 GT in my motherboard . But the Monitor Display is blank on bootup . Please help me what to do to let my 8500 GT work . Thank you

On the bootup of the PC you need to enter the BIOS screen. The initial screen that pops up before the Windows log on screen should give an option to enter bios. When you do you need to disable on board graphics, and enable the graphics card in your PCIE slot. Some motherboards need this option changed manually. Otherwise, if you get no screen at all on boot up, meaning it doesnt even enter the bios screen, try reseating the card in the PCIE slot, and make sure the cable going from the card is properly plugged into your monitor.