Question grainy and pixlated video

Status
Not open for further replies.

tushardehra

Distinguished
Jul 29, 2012
just removed my gtx 770 gpu as it is dead. Now with intel hd graphics 3000 the video playback on vlc player as well as on netflix feels grainy, its not at all clear even in HD.

Last edited by a moderator:

tushardehra

Distinguished
Jul 29, 2012
stick with 1 thread
ok so gtx 770 gave up on me and now with intel hd 3000 videos on youtube and netflix even in hd seem grainy what should i do now my connection is dvi to dvi 24+1 pin both ends

Intel's integrated video cards are garbage and that's no secret. In particular, make sure you have the latest Intel drivers for the video card and, maybe, disable hardware acceleration in some browsers as, maybe, it would end up being worse.

On the meantime, if you don't want to deal with that, buy the cheapest AMD or nVidia GPU you can get as a stop-gap while you save for your GTX770 replacement.

Cheers!

tushardehra

Distinguished
Jul 29, 2012
Intel's integrated video cards are garbage and that's no secret. In particular, make sure you have the latest Intel drivers for the video card and, maybe, disable hardware acceleration in some browsers as, maybe, it would end up being worse.

On the meantime, if you don't want to deal with that, buy the cheapest AMD or nVidia GPU you can get as a stop-gap while you save for your GTX770 replacement.

Cheers!
thnx fo rreplying one thing i noticed with vga to vga netflix hd seems great why so? but with dvi to dvi grainy

thnx fo rreplying one thing i noticed with vga to vga netflix hd seems great why so? but with dvi to dvi grainy
I do not have a definite answer, but my intuition tells me it's just a driver problem. The HD3K series from Intel came at a time where their drivers were in a really poor piss state compared to anything from AMD and nVidia. Nowadays the gap is smaller, but for multi monitor set ups and specific niche frequencies and resolutions, Intel just does not cut it.

That is what I think. Like I said, try upgrading to the latest drivers and try increasing the shared memory in the BIOS for the iGPU. That might help alleviate some of the processing problems it may have.

Cheers!

tushardehra

Distinguished
Jul 29, 2012
I do not have a definite answer, but my intuition tells me it's just a driver problem. The HD3K series from Intel came at a time where their drivers were in a really poor piss state compared to anything from AMD and nVidia. Nowadays the gap is smaller, but for multi monitor set ups and specific niche frequencies and resolutions, Intel just does not cut it.

That is what I think. Like I said, try upgrading to the latest drivers and try increasing the shared memory in the BIOS for the iGPU. That might help alleviate some of the processing problems it may have.

Cheers!
ok thnaks meanwhile which cheapest gpu you suggest for streaming on netflix HD not UHD

i am going with gigabyte gt 1030 hdmi and dvid-d :)
Sounds good to me. My reasoning for suggesting the cheapest of the cheapest is so that you can save money for a proper replacement of your GTX770 down the line. As long as that 1030 is not going to block you from getting a proper replacement soon-ish, then go for it by all means.

Also, since HD3000 is Sandy/Ivy Bridge era, you will probably need to update your BIOS for that 1030 to work.

Cheers!

tushardehra

Distinguished
Jul 29, 2012
Sounds good to me. My reasoning for suggesting the cheapest of the cheapest is so that you can save money for a proper replacement of your GTX770 down the line. As long as that 1030 is not going to block you from getting a proper replacement soon-ish, then go for it by all means.

Also, since HD3000 is Sandy/Ivy Bridge era, you will probably need to update your BIOS for that 1030 to work.

Cheers!
hi again i actually increased my budget i want to go with galaxy gtx 1050 ti 4 gb can i play battlefield 3 on ultra with this? with i5 2500

hi again i actually increased my budget i want to go with galaxy gtx 1050 ti 4 gb can i play battlefield 3 on ultra with this? with i5 2500
I doubt it. You can get away with some settings in "High", I'm sure, but not "Ultra" all the way, no.

Additionally, your CPU is rather old, so BF3 will punish it quite a bit, specially in Multiplayer. Don't expect much either, as even if the 1050ti is an upgrade over the GTX770, it's still a low-mid video card at best. You will see better FPS'es, but keep your expectations in check.

And don't forget to upgrade the BIOS :)

Cheers!

Reactions: tushardehra

tushardehra

Distinguished
Jul 29, 2012
I doubt it. You can get away with some settings in "High", I'm sure, but not "Ultra" all the way, no.

Additionally, your CPU is rather old, so BF3 will punish it quite a bit, specially in Multiplayer. Don't expect much either, as even if the 1050ti is an upgrade over the GTX770, it's still a low-mid video card at best. You will see better FPS'es, but keep your expectations in check.

And don't forget to upgrade the BIOS :)

Cheers!
ok then what about gtx 1060 6gb and which brand will you prefer gigabyte msi asus galaxy and will i5 2500 bottleneck?

ok then what about gtx 1060 6gb and which brand will you prefer gigabyte msi asus galaxy and will i5 2500 bottleneck?
Although I don't like using the term "bottleneck" so loosely, I think in your case may apply correctly, as the locked i5 2500 turbos to 3.7Ghz only. That being said, a 1060 6GB will still be happy with it, I'd say.

The 1060 6GB is a very good value right now, so most definitely a great purchase. As for what graphical settings you can use... You may be able to get a mix of Ultra and High with not much issues.

EDIT: Forgot the brand... Well, EVGA and Gigabyte are known to me, but I'm an Asus sucker, so out of all the ones you can get follow this: Asus -> EVGA -> Gigabyte -> rest.

Cheers!

tushardehra

Distinguished
Jul 29, 2012
Although I don't like using the term "bottleneck" so loosely, I think in your case may apply correctly, as the locked i5 2500 turbos to 3.7Ghz only. That being said, a 1060 6GB will still be happy with it, I'd say.

The 1060 6GB is a very good value right now, so most definitely a great purchase. As for what graphical settings you can use... You may be able to get a mix of Ultra and High with not much issues.

EDIT: Forgot the brand... Well, EVGA and Gigabyte are known to me, but I'm an Asus sucker, so out of all the ones you can get follow this: Asus -> EVGA -> Gigabyte -> rest.

Cheers!
asus just denied my gtx 770 said they dont take gpu anymore i can get gigabyte or galax but msi does not have backplate i guess i gotta buy tomorrow can you confirm if gigabyte and galax has backplate

Status
Not open for further replies.