[SOLVED] Grainy Movies on new monitor

May 13, 2020
I just bought a acer nitro vg271u and gaming is beautful and great at 2560x1440 144 hz but i went to stream The rise of skywalker on disney plus at such great quality but no mater what i do its grainy and not clear. tried all monitor settings different resolutions and it just wont go away.

ryzen 5 3600x 1660 ti View: https://imgur.com/a/DrJPkOB
idk if this captures what im looking at accurately

Last edited:
Solution
D
try the monitor on another pc or source like a Roku or an Apple TV.

in my experience, the video you get off a gaming card really sucks compared to when you watch it on a good TV or streamer specifically made for the task. If you have a Chromecast, Roku or Apple TV try that.

also test it on other pc to see if it's just the monitor.

Edit:
if the video plays fine off Roku or Chromecast, then odds are you need a better player like VLC to play your videos. The videos i published to YT would ALWAYS look grainy on my pc, off YouTube they would look 1080p and perfect on my TV

i would run the 1660ti in it's optimal native resolution as well. don't ever change that. you need to set the filter settings on the video card perhaps, I know AMD...
D

Deleted member 14196

try the monitor on another pc or source like a Roku or an Apple TV.

in my experience, the video you get off a gaming card really sucks compared to when you watch it on a good TV or streamer specifically made for the task. If you have a Chromecast, Roku or Apple TV try that.

also test it on other pc to see if it's just the monitor.

Edit:
if the video plays fine off Roku or Chromecast, then odds are you need a better player like VLC to play your videos. The videos i published to YT would ALWAYS look grainy on my pc, off YouTube they would look 1080p and perfect on my TV

i would run the 1660ti in it's optimal native resolution as well. don't ever change that. you need to set the filter settings on the video card perhaps, I know AMD allows for Movie mode and such on it's GPU/APUs

watching TV on a pc sucks anyway. totally. just get a Roku and plug it in the hdmi port of monitor (if it has speakers) or TV and ENJOY streaming Disney and everything else in 1080p and 4K where available.

oh and try enabling V-Sync to eliminate tearing

Last edited by a moderator:
Solution