Grand theaft auto 5

Solution
Without a GPU in general the system won't post/boot. With an integrated GPU (iGPU), most likely not. CPUs that have iGPUs tend to be significantly weaker compared to CPUs without one, and the iGPU itself isn't strong enough to play AAA titles well.

It will run, but I doubt it would be playable in any sort of fashion. Maybe at 720p on lowest settings, depending on your definition of "playable". It'd be better to buy any GPU than to have an iGPU in nearly all cases.

JalYt_Justin

Reputable
Jun 12, 2017
Without a GPU in general the system won't post/boot. With an integrated GPU (iGPU), most likely not. CPUs that have iGPUs tend to be significantly weaker compared to CPUs without one, and the iGPU itself isn't strong enough to play AAA titles well.

It will run, but I doubt it would be playable in any sort of fashion. Maybe at 720p on lowest settings, depending on your definition of "playable". It'd be better to buy any GPU than to have an iGPU in nearly all cases.

Solution

AgentLozen

Distinguished
May 2, 2011

VERY clever!

Now, regarding the the question. Your performance in GTAV depends on the generation of integrated GPU that you have. The very best Intel GPUs from the 6000 generation could get GTAV running, but it wouldn't be a pretty picture. An AMD integrated GPU might fair a little better, but not a whole lot. Integrated GPUs aren't meant to handle demanding games. This is all assuming that some driver limitation won't stop the game from working.

I would recommend trying to get a hold of some sort of discrete graphics card if possible. The GeForce GTX 1050 and the AMD Radeon RX 560 are both inexpensive and would at least provide playable frame rates at 1080p.