Grand Theft Auto 5 for PC Delayed, System Specs

Status
Not open for further replies.

dgingeri

Distinguished
""GTA Online for PC, which will support up to 30 players, will launch alongside GTAV for PC and will include GTA Online Heists," the blog stated. "Online Heists for consoles will be launching in the coming weeks ahead of the PC launch.""

Oh, great, an armed robbery MMO.

psychodegu

Distinguished
Dec 27, 2011
Why so much Hard drive space? Is 65GB even a reasonable amount of space, not that it would be a factor in me buying this game, but dang that seems high.

surphninja

Honorable
May 14, 2013
Oof. That's a lot of hard drive space.

Now I'm torn between installing it on my ssd for faster loading or just installing it on my secondary drive. I know "storage is cheap," but damn.

hst101rox

Reputable
Aug 28, 2014
65GB may be normal for such a graphic intensive game! Just look at it this way, more GB means more graphical and audio awesomeness!
They also may need some of the space for uncompressed data to reduce load on a processor (whether CPU or GPU).
6TB drive is only $260, cheaper in the future, who cares, though efficiency should always be a priority.

Wait, I'd have this on an SSD for sure, so yeah 65GB is something to think about.

soccerplayer88

Distinguished
Feb 1, 2010
Yeah 65GB is quite a bit. Definitely slap this on my SSD cause I'm sure the load times will be rather long on an older HDD.

Usually though when we see specs like this it's worse case scenario and turns out to be only half of what they put out. They could also be factoring in a higher resolution texture pack that console users won't see.

Can't wait! But I'll have Dying Light (and FC4 if I can ever power through the boring campaign) to hold me over for a while. Take your time Rockstar.

ferius20

Reputable
Jan 13, 2015
This is an example on why i think twice about buying a 128GB SSD. Also....DirectX 10 sound card? what?did i miss something? Also...still stuck in DX10? next gen man, next gen. This is 2015, not 2008.

jwl3

Distinguished
Mar 15, 2008
I'm glad for the delay. Because 2 years after the XBOX and PS3 versions is not enough time to port it to the PC.

I love how you imbeciles are lapping it up. 2 more months delay? That's awesome - it must mean a much better non-buggy game. Total BS. How much you wanna bet it's gonna have a ton of bugs regardless? This is a marketing and accounting decision as they must have found out that someone out there still bought a PS or XBOX version and they're trying to milk those sales for every last drip before releasing it to the PC.

Kiss my balls, I'll see your product on the Steam bargain bin sale in 2017 before I buy it.

I'd much rather they give the shaft beforehand to work out as many issues as possible rather than push out a completely buggy and essentially broken game (BF4, thank you) and still be working to fix what could have been and should have been fixed prior to release.

This can only be a good thing.

BFU2Miners

Distinguished
Feb 18, 2014
From what I have seen I think is safe to assume that the Internet now day is ruled by teenagers and kids with no education. Almost every website I go and read this news the comment sections are filled with rage and hate toward Rockstar because of this delay.

Despite some comments, this is the most peaceful/educated site I have seen, this shows how mature this community is.

alidan

Splendid
Aug 5, 2009
65GB may be normal for such a graphic intensive game! Just look at it this way, more GB means more graphical and audio awesomeness!
They also may need some of the space for uncompressed data to reduce load on a processor (whether CPU or GPU).
6TB drive is only $260, cheaper in the future, who cares, though efficiency should always be a priority.

Wait, I'd have this on an SSD for sure, so yeah 65GB is something to think about.

the screenshots they put out for the game look like hell. i wish i could say they look better... but considering recommended is only 2gb gpu, so yay, uncompressed audio is most likely the thing...

god i hate people who excuse this crap so much because what, they couldn't store the audio as a 320kb mp3, or hell even flac, they had to go uncompressed because the consoles all have bluray drives and if you use more than 23gb than who cares, you need a second layer anyway, why not put it all as uncompressed audio...

this is space crap is getting retarded, and its only going to get worse yet people just don't believe me when i tell them this.

well thats easy fixed, just buy an ssd for every game you own.....
Should just ship games on SSD's, that would be cool. Like ROM cartridges of the 90's hahaha!

oczdude8

Distinguished
I'm already preparing myself for the huge backlash when the game comes out and it runs like crysis on a calculator.

I would love to be wrong though. Been waiting for this game for a long time. Even a 9 year old mocked me for not playing this yet.....

Karpet360

Reputable
Oct 27, 2014
They have no reason for this to be unoptimized like the PoS that GTA 4 is on PC. Not that I have any hope, they'll probably screw up and then tell us that more than 30 fps at 1080p isn't needed.

I wonder how much this will be pirated?

burki94

Reputable
Apr 17, 2014
Glad I got myself the 1TB SSD :D
Obviously 4K needs more detailed textures, with this in mind I don't think 65GB ist that much for such a big map.

However judging from the screenshot the released, the graphics suck (in perspective to my expectations), ... we'll see.

Status
Not open for further replies.