Grand Theft Auto IV make my PC Restart

Status
Not open for further replies.

12yosa

Distinguished
Jan 18, 2012
HELP ..Grand Theft Auto IV. PC restart ( Core i5 2500 - Only GTA IV Game )?
Here is my spec
Core i5 2500 ( Stock Cooling )
Foxconn P67A-S
Asus 9800gt 1gb
Team elite 1333mhz 6Gb
Enlight Black Silver Psu 550Watt

( I buy this pc on november 2011 ) :ange:
( core 1-4 temp :39-42 idle )
( play GTA IV core temp 81 celcius BANG ! pc restart :fou: but I Use Prime95 test 20min Core1 to 4:92-94-92-98 Celcius it passed ) >.< :pt1cable: so confuse
( GPU: 45 celcius idle play gta 58-60 Celcius )

Game played before battellfield bad company 2 and FSX playing for hours they just fine

After My PC Keep Restarting This Is what I do : Reinstall Windows 7X64 sp1 ,Clean CPU, apply thermal paste, clean 9800gt but still same thing happen any solution?... or

Please I need advice which kind of thing should i buy.. so my Pc can play GTA IV normally. :)
A. Power Supply 800watt B. CPU C.Graphic Card GTX 460 or 550 or D. CPU After market fan
my budget quiet limited right now. :heink:

Thanks Guys for your help :wahoo:

Solution
the restart sounds like your psu is dying, the cpu temperatures are too high as well but if it passes prime95 then then thats not the problem.

you should really check the fan and make sure its installed correctly and have the amount of thermal paste needed and the heatsink is nice and flat on the cpu.
the restart sounds like your psu is dying, the cpu temperatures are too high as well but if it passes prime95 then then thats not the problem.

you should really check the fan and make sure its installed correctly and have the amount of thermal paste needed and the heatsink is nice and flat on the cpu.

Solution

12yosa

Distinguished
Jan 18, 2012

Status
Not open for further replies.