Question Grand Theft Auto V stuttering on Gigabyte GTX 1050 ti 4gb Windforce OC

ZLATENDAB

Reputable
Jul 7, 2019
It's been my 3rd day using my new GPU and i decided to re download gta v. When i opened up my game my save file loaded and i turned off v sync which was setting my fps to 30 not 60 ( it's a setting in game called v sync set to half) inside the players house in my case Franklin's i get around 60 but out side it goes to 64 then to 25 and it lags every second, so i set textures to low they were set to very high by default and dx lvl to 10, reflections to low and nothing worked it's still the same. I saw better performance with 30-35 fps on my gt 610 ddr3 1gb vram card

edit: forgot to mention something, it stutters while in every playable characters house. my cpu is an old pentium g630 2.7 ghz ( dual core) and my cpu usage isn't that high it's around 20-40% and my gpu utilization is at around 1 percent

Last edited:

ZLATENDAB

Reputable
Jul 7, 2019
Is your video output plugged into the motherboard or the video card? What Nvidia drivers do you have?
i installed the latest n greatest nvidia drviers and my cable connecting the monitor to the gpu is a vga cable but i plugged in a hdmi to vga converter that goes into my hdmi output in the GPU and i connected my cable in that little converter

Also, your CPU is killing you here. The YouTube video shows your CPU playing GTA V with a high-end card on medium:
View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_usGe9DTR0w&app=desktop

And here is how the game scales with CPUs, unfortunately is doesn't go down to your Sandy Bridge Pentium chip:
https://www.tomshardware.com/reviews/game-performance-bottleneck-cpu-gpu,5503-6.html

ZLATENDAB

Reputable
Jul 7, 2019
Also, your CPU is killing you here. The YouTube video shows your CPU playing GTA V with a high-end card on medium:
View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_usGe9DTR0w&app=desktop

And here is how the game scales with CPUs, unfortunately is doesn't go down to your Sandy Bridge Pentium chip:
https://www.tomshardware.com/reviews/game-performance-bottleneck-cpu-gpu,5503-6.html
i saw that video before and i play gta v on normal settings 1080p and when v sync is on i get a perfect 60 fps but when it's off i get massive fps drops and sometimes the fps goes to 79 but it lags every second but it doesn't lag when i turn v sync on

Sagar_20

Distinguished
Either you're running out of RAM or there's a bottleneck because of your Pentium G630.

4 GB VRAM is plenty for High textures and shadows.

For best results, run that game on high settings, Full HD with v sync enabled.

Last edited:

ZLATENDAB

Reputable
Jul 7, 2019
Either you're running out of RAM or there's a bottleneck because of your Pentium G630.

4 GB VRAM is plenty for High textures and shadows.

For best results, run that game on high settings, Full HD with v sync enabled.
I'm getting an i7 2600k for christmas and my ram is 1600 mhz (2x4 gb) but my cpu is using 1067 mhz so hopefully the new cpu will not bottleneck my ram and my gaming experience i'll ofc oc it a bit

Sagar_20

Distinguished
That's a good idea.

i7-2600 will be able to handle high end GPU's like 4 GB RX 570, 6 GB GTX 1060, and 1660, in case you wish to upgrade later on

but make sure you have a power supply of at least 450 W

8 GB RAM should be OK.

Also add a 120 GB Gigabyte SSD to get the best out of that hardware.

I'm getting an i7 2600k for christmas and my ram is 1600 mhz (2x4 gb) but my cpu is using 1067 mhz so hopefully the new cpu will not bottleneck my ram and my gaming experience i'll ofc oc it a bit
That is exactly what you need. No need to upgrade other parts, but much faster. Not sure about where you are, but in the US you can get one around $75 with heatsink. Great buy for a VERY noticeable increase in gaming performance.

ZLATENDAB

Reputable
Jul 7, 2019
That is exactly what you need. No need to upgrade other parts, but much faster. Not sure about where you are, but in the US you can get one around $75 with heatsink. Great buy for a VERY noticeable increase in gaming performance.
at around 78 euros on ali express from a legit seller that's targeted towards gamers but i felt sketchy when i saw a gtx 980 for 36 euros there