Grandparents AT&T answering machine isn't displaying/showing voicemails or missed calls

Potential

Honorable
Dec 6, 2012
I'm wondering if anyone can help me with this problem that I just can't seem to solve. I recently purchased a AT&T EL52203 Handset Cordless Answering System for my grandparents and for some odd reason the answering system doesn't allow me to listen to any voicemails (says that there isn't any) and doesn't show that theres missed calls. The only way I can tell if there is a voicemail is if I dial my own number on the handset and listen to them that way. Other than that, the answering system says that there is 0 missed calls/voicemails. Everything works as far as calling and answering. But its a real bummer that you can't tell if someone called you/left a messsage. They're not using a traditional phone service like AT&T but instead are using a service called MagicJack using the internet so I'm not sure if that has anything to do with it. I've researched everything and can't find a solution so I'm at lost ends. Hopefully someone can help me and my grandparents out ! Anything is greatly appreciated. Thank you -- Dylan

ledhead11

Reputable
Oct 10, 2014
Most phone providers now offer their own voicemail services. It's very possible this is activated(sometimes by default) and picking up all your missed/lost calls. Contact your grand parents provider or check the FAQ on their page for instructions regarding this. Those features are usually free and can be turned off. I left mine off so our machine would do the 'work'. For most providers its a free service but requires to dial/call in and pass code/menu.