[SOLVED] Graphic Card Advice - 2020

cookiemonster8

Distinguished
May 14, 2009
Hi this is somewhat of a two pronged question. I've recently splurged to update to 4k monitors, and to reinstall windows 10 from scratch since it was corrupted. I've had nothing but problems since, even updating the graphics card hasn't done much to help, or restarting the graphic drivers using Control Shift Windows + B. More or less, it boots up fine, but it randomly is unresponsive if I walk away. There will either be snow on one screen, or both screens will show a message about there being no signal.

I've also upgraded the motherboard firmware and drivers to the most recent versions. So frustrating.

The current card is a Radeon rx460 2gb. Computer is a Ryzen 1700, and I have 32gb ram. I understand that 4k is harder on the system, and I'm somewhat throwing my hands up on this situation and wondering if upgrading the card is the thing to do at this time.

I'm primarily an amateur photographer, and I use my computer to edit photographs, but I'm also starting to branch off into video as well. I'm currently looking at the 5600XT. Here's my question, is this what you would recommend? and given the quantum leaps we are seeing in graphics, would i be better off to wait until the Big Navi cards are out? Of should I go for something more midrange. Suggestions welcome. Looking for some direction at this point. and if you have ideas on how to solve the above issue, I would be interested as well, as I'm literally at my wits end with it.

Solution
Hi this is somewhat of a two pronged question. I've recently splurged to update to 4k monitors, and to reinstall windows 10 from scratch since it was corrupted. I've had nothing but problems since, even updating the graphics card hasn't done much to help, or restarting the graphic drivers using Control Shift Windows + B. More or less, it boots up fine, but it randomly is unresponsive if I walk away. There will either be snow on one screen, or both screens will show a message about there being no signal.

I've also upgraded the motherboard firmware and drivers to the most recent versions. So frustrating.

The current card is a Radeon rx460 2gb. Computer is a Ryzen 1700, and I have 32gb ram. I understand that 4k is harder on the...

The current card is a Radeon rx460 2gb. Computer is a Ryzen 1700, and I have 32gb ram. I understand that 4k is harder on the system, and I'm somewhat throwing my hands up on this situation and wondering if upgrading the card is the thing to do at this time.

I'm primarily an amateur photographer, and I use my computer to edit photographs, but I'm also starting to branch off into video as well. I'm currently looking at the 5600XT. Here's my question, is this what you would recommend? and given the quantum leaps we are seeing in graphics, would i be better off to wait until the Big Navi cards are out? Of should I go for something more midrange. Suggestions welcome. Looking for some direction at this point. and if you have ideas on how to solve the above issue, I would be interested as well, as I'm literally at my wits end with it.
use ddu
View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fGkcIYpVw3c

then once you have uninstalled your drivers in safemode via the ddu tutorial above, reboot your computer and get these drivers
https://www.amd.com/en/support/graphics/radeon-400-series/radeon-rx-400-series/radeon-rx-460

I'd highly recommend upgrading your gpu to something mid-range and it might be worthwhile waiting for new gpus.

Solution