Question graphic card being wierd - need help

Aug 30, 2022
My graphic card ports did not work for a year or so. I opened the computer to finally fix it (because I wanted to have a 2nd monitor).

I saw a PCI Express power cable missing and plugged it into the card. Then the graphic card fans started spinning (noisy) and the ports working.
5 min later both fans and ports stopped working as before and I cannot make it work again after trying everything (turning computer off and on, taking the card out and back in, taking the PCI Express power cables out and in).

Buying a new card is an issue because I am poor and this card is quite expensive (Gigabyte GV-R939G1 GAMING-8GD).
Also, there are no updates for the driver and the graphic card has lights on.
Is there any suggestion on how to fix it?

Last edited:
Aug 30, 2022
full system spec? include brand and model of the psu
Do you think it might be a power issue? Should I buy a male PCI Express power to male PCI Express power cable and connect the graphic card to the power from the outside cable? I found that even without any male PCI Express power cables connected there are still lights on the card.

Last edited:
Aug 30, 2022
why are you using a extension cable?
I am not sure if it's an extension. I already have one from when I bought the computer and it connects my psu to my graphic card. It does not seem to do anything now so I thought of replacing the cable. I mean my graphic card seems to be powered solely from the motherboard and this is where the problem is.