Graphic card compatibility

nakatorbz

Commendable
Jan 5, 2017
I wanna know if my dell optiplex 7010 sff support pci express 3.0 as i wanna buy a gtx 760 2gb gddr5 twin frozr. Help please!

Solution
You're going to suffer from a bottleneck with the GTX760 in there and you're going to need at least a 500W unit. Factor in more wattage if you want to hold onto the PSU. You've also missed out the point about not being able to connect the front panel cables to the case since they're proprietary.

Upgrading your ram won't do you much good unless you can get out of the i3. Further reading.

Lutfij

Titan
8625.Opti7010SFF.jpg

Half height cards only while the GPU+system will require at least 500W of power. SO you can't go for that in either case since the PSU is proprietary and the unit isn't available as an aftermarket add-on with more wattage.

Lutfij

Titan
There are a lot more factors, what is your CPU and ram? The board from this angle looks like it has a proprietary front panel connector which more than anything is going to be impossible since the wiring diagram doesn't exist. You're also driving the cost of your system since you're almost looking at a brand new system once you include a motherboard, CPU, ram and a small storage after you decide to go for a PSU and case.

nakatorbz

Commendable
Jan 5, 2017
Many apologies for the negative vot i tap it wrongfully.my specs are:
Intel core i3 3220 3.2Ghz
4gb ram pc12800 800mhz single channel
0GXM1W motherboard with intel chipset Q77
I will upgrade the ram anyway and if the graphic card is compatible i will buy also a psu and new case if that worth it!

Lutfij

Titan
You're going to suffer from a bottleneck with the GTX760 in there and you're going to need at least a 500W unit. Factor in more wattage if you want to hold onto the PSU. You've also missed out the point about not being able to connect the front panel cables to the case since they're proprietary.

Upgrading your ram won't do you much good unless you can get out of the i3. Further reading.

Solution