graphic card compatible with intel core2duo e4600 2.4 Ghz.

nimesh_4

Prominent
Jun 14, 2017
Hi guys, i want to know that which graphic cards are better for my PC.

Here are my PC specs:
processor= intel core 2 duo E4600 2.4 Ghz.
ram= 2Gb ram, DDR2
motherboard= dreamsys

please help me to find a better graphic card.

Solution

nimesh_4

Prominent
Jun 14, 2017

Yes, i have 300W PSU. But i have 2Gb ram of DDR2, so i don't think GTX 1050 Ti suits to my PC because it is DDR5.
So i am looking for a graphic card which compatible for 2 Gb ram of DDR2.

clutchc

Titan
Ambassador
VRAM and system ram are totally independent of each other. (you won't find any GDDR2 cards anymore, anyway)

The only issue you have is not the version/specification of the RAM you have, but the amount. Here's why... When you add a discrete gfx card, Win sets aside a video buffer in system memory relative to the amount of VRAM the card has. With your tiny amount of system RAM, today's gfx cards with 2GB, 4GB, and more of VRAM will mean Win will eat up a large chunk of your 2GB of system RAM. So unless you increase your system memory to at least 4GB, you will considerably slow down your system when you add a GTX 1050 Ti and possibly cause it to crash.

nimesh_4

Prominent
Jun 14, 2017

Thanks man, i understand it now. That means i have to upgrade my system memory.

Can you suggest a better brand for GPU's like GT 610,630.? They suits for me? Doesn't they?

clutchc

Titan
Ambassador

Those are really slow cards, not really suitable for gaming. The lowest card I'd recommend for your system would be the GT 730 2GB DDR5 64 bit. Runs games on 720p displays nicely with reduced settings. I have one on an older machine.But I'd still recommend upgrading your memory if your board accepts more.
However, you could try the card on the RAM you have now and if it grabs too much system memory, then add more.

Solution

nimesh_4

Prominent
Jun 14, 2017

Thanks man for helping me.