[SOLVED] Graphic card destroyed everything

Jan 21, 2021
So I was about to play a game of csgo with my friend and when i start the game i see that i have less fps in the lobby than usual. And when i jump into a guy its unplayable. I restart my pc and then a see that i am no longer using my graphic card (gtx 760) but my integreted graphics. I get code 43 and windows tells me to delete the graphic card from the device manager and i do so. Than i install drivers like some forum said and now when my pc start it shows the usual [redacted] but just before it boots into windows the screen just goes black and the pc just start restarting and the only way for me to turn it of is the psu switch. Can anyone pls help?
My specs are : I5 4460 8gb ddr3 ram gigabyte motherboard not sure but maybe a b85m. cx550m psu, and 760 msi turbo
also the drivers where the latest nvidia drivers geforce game ready
version: 461.09
released : 2021.1.7

Last edited:
Solution

Oh, that's a far worse PSU than the CX 550m. They haven't been manufactured in nearly seven years now and were group-regulated a quite low quality. The modern ones without green lettering on the unit are much improved PSUs on a completely different platform.

I'd definitely start by swapping that PSU. It could very well be what pushed the 760 into its grave (though it was fairly old).
Jan 21, 2021
What drivers? You're going to have to be specific here; we have no idea what the discussion on "some forum" entailed. And providing your full specs, including exact PSU is the best place to start.
My specs are : I5 4460 8gb ddr3 ram gigabyte motherboard not sure but maybe a b85m. cx550m psu, and 760 msi turbo

Jan 21, 2021
What drivers? You're going to have to be specific here; we have no idea what the discussion on "some forum" entailed. And providing your full specs, including exact PSU is the best place to start.

also the drivers where the latest nvidia drivers geforce game ready
version: 461.09
released : 2021.1.7

DSzymborski

Titan

Oh, that's a far worse PSU than the CX 550m. They haven't been manufactured in nearly seven years now and were group-regulated a quite low quality. The modern ones without green lettering on the unit are much improved PSUs on a completely different platform.

I'd definitely start by swapping that PSU. It could very well be what pushed the 760 into its grave (though it was fairly old).

Solution
Jan 21, 2021

But the 760 fan still spinned even when the pc didnt recognize it, and the pc worked with the integrated graphic are u sure that is the problem?

DSzymborski

Titan
But the 760 fan still spinned even when the pc didnt recognize it, and the pc worked with the integrated graphic are u sure that is the problem?

None of this means the PSU is working properly; it's not a binary works/doesn't work thing.

And no, I'm not sure, because nobody can be sure because diagnosing problems doesn't work that way. You start with the symptoms and look at the most likely causes first. In this case, you have a failed GPU and sudden power-offs in a PC with an old, low-quality PSU. The most likely culprit with this set of facts is the PSU.

It's extremely unlikely that a failing GPU can cause the problems elsewhere that you describe. An oven can destroy a pot roast, but the pot roast can't actually destroy the oven.

Jan 21, 2021
co
None of this means the PSU is working properly; it's not a binary works/doesn't work thing.

And no, I'm not sure, because nobody can be sure because diagnosing problems doesn't work that way. You start with the symptoms and look at the most likely causes first. In this case, you have a failed GPU and sudden power-offs in a PC with an old, low-quality PSU. The most likely culprit with this set of facts is the PSU.

It's extremely unlikely that a failing GPU can cause the problems elsewhere that you describe. An oven can destroy a pot roast, but the pot roast can't actually destroy the oven.
could it have anything to do with the fact that i tried to play csgo on higher graphics yesterday?

co

could it have anything to do with the fact that i tried to play csgo on higher graphics yesterday?

That seems incredibly unlikely. The only remote possibility I see is that increasing your settings caused your CPU/GPU to work harder, causing them to draw more electricity and cause damage to your PSU. Like he said, your PSU is very like to be part or all of the problem here; you should replace it with a Corsair TX/RM 650 unit.

Jan 21, 2021
That seems incredibly unlikely. The only remote possibility I see is that increasing your settings caused your CPU/GPU to work harder, causing them to draw more electricity and cause damage to your PSU. Like he said, your PSU is very like to be part or all of the problem here; you should replace it with a Corsair TX/RM 650 unit.
okey but what should i do with the pc right know i doesnt boot into windows

okey but what should i do with the pc right know i doesnt boot into windows

If it was me, I'd either:
  1. Swap in a new hard drive, install windows on it, and then transfer any files I need onto it from my old hard drive, or
  2. Start over on my current hard drive, reinstall windows, and then use my backups to restore all my old files (this is why you need to make regular backups
Once you've done that, you should replace your PSU.

Jan 21, 2021
If it was me, I'd either:
  1. Swap in a new hard drive, install windows on it, and then transfer any files I need onto it from my old hard drive, or
  2. Start over on my current hard drive, reinstall windows, and then use my backups to restore all my old files (this is why you need to make regular backups
Once you've done that, you should replace your PSU.
I reinstalled windows and know everything is working except for the GPU, even though I connected the screen to the GPU. Thanks dude I really appreciate it